Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
How my track days/years did it take y'all before you stopped lifting at 135-140 on the big straights? Car feels stable, I’m just running out of balls.

Also, did a 1:41 on my 2nd time at Road Atlanta. Decent time for stock other than conti ECF/pads/fluid?
Stay flat through 11 and the rest of the track will be a breeze :)
Sponsored

Reactions: Yli

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Also, did a 1:41 on my 2nd time at Road Atlanta. Decent time for stock other than conti ECF/pads/fluid?
I was running 1:41s there on stock aero and just tires pads and fluid.

You going to make it out to one of our Jzilla events this season?

Nugs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G81 M3 Touring, 2019 Supra GTS
How my track days/years did it take y'all before you stopped lifting at 135-140 on the big straights? Car feels stable, I’m just running out of balls.

I hit 158mph/254kph last week which is the fastest I've driven the car, then pulled 1.6G under brakes.
Very happy with the new PB as under 60 seconds has been the goal for a while.

Didn't think it was going to happen as a couple of hours earlier it was 42c and we were chasing a misfire issue that just turned out to be bad fuel.

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium

Maybe 3 to 4 weekends at other tracks then once I finally went to RA it took 1 day but I had put in a few hours on asetto corsa to pick my initial braking zone. Using a sim will really get you comfortable with picking and executing braking zones. Easy one to start with is the motul sign then move it 25ft eventually you’ll creep near the 300 on stock set up. For reference my time I was talking about previously was 1:38.6. At RA with stock everything (even pads) besides wheels/tires my first time and then matched it on the same rears.

Overall yes solid time for a second go, chances are you just need to track out more, use more curb, and execute braking zones.

JRTritsch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra MT, 93 MR2
I’ll admit I’m hard on things, but I’m not a big fan of the RE71RS. The drop in pace in lap one is substantial, even compared to a052 or CR-S. They do slow with heat cycles too, but it’s not dramatic. If you pair fresh and ~10 heat cycled tires on each axle it’s quite noticeable. I see similar life on a052s but less heat cycle death. For either the yok or re71rs I typically get ~20 20min heat cycles before a set of tires is done, so that’s like 3-4 track days. Thats either zero tread or corded done. Most of this is on a different car, similar power, good camber, 600lbs lighter. I’ve have never had RE71r or RE71RS last well for track use. I’ve been through 5 sets vs dozens of yoks. I just took some re71rs with a few dozen autox runs out on stock Supra and the front shoulders look close to done after 5 sessions, I highly doubt they’d make another day. With camber they’d prevent have made a couple more days. YMMobviouslyV

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Great job Mark. Strange your variance for your top three is low but your optimal is nearly 2sec faster. Im new to Garmin trying to figure that out, traffic?
That and sloppy driving. I really should be 0.5 sec w/in optimal. Homestead is a more typical track near me - smaller and more even surface. Much easier to get closer to optimal. Sebring is massive, so many bumps & pavement differences. Race teams come from all over just to take that beating and learn their weaknesses. It’s rented out almost every day of the year. If you drive Sebring a lot, anywhere else feels like gravy train 🚂

At least that’s my excuse 😂

The last day it rained all day. Great car control clinic on the same tires. Proud of my wife. We both drove offline all day. Found different spots with grip. It was a best of both worlds weekend.

IMG_6083.jpeg

Stall next to me ☝

Last edited:

Yli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I was running 1:41s there on stock aero and just tires pads and fluid.

You going to make it out to one of our Jzilla events this season?
stock aero here too. I think I’ll be there sept 15th. I just gotta confirm with James. I won the PJ drive back at amp last year.

Yli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Easy one to start with is the motul sign then move it 25ft eventually you’ll creep near the 300 on stock set up. For reference my time I was talking about previously was 1:38.6. At RA with stock everything (even pads) besides wheels/tires my first time and then matched it on the same rears.

Overall yes solid time for a second go, chances are you just need to track out more, use more curb, and execute braking zones.
I brake around 300 but definitely over breaking for the speed I’m coming into it with. Bit more speed to carry in 11, 12, 1, 5,7 for sure. I can see a 1:39 in my future.

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
Just know that the RE71RS are really 1 lap wonders like the a052. They hate heat and heat cycle out fast. Traxions experience is unlike anyone else I have seen.
Jeepers I was kind of relying on Grassroots write up which was exactly to the contrary. Damn it maybe I’ll just go with the CRSs

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Jeepers I was kind of relying on Grassroots write up which was exactly to the contrary. Damn it maybe I’ll just go with the CRSs
And don’t forget Victra RC1 if your footprint is small enough 🦶

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
Do you drive to the track? Just wondering. How is the wear? I'm hoping to get maybe 20+ heat cycles out of them.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
There is no random picture section on this forum so you guys get to deal with it here. Figured you guys might enjoy a picture of one of my last track cars I built. New owner just sent me this pic showing that he cut the rear end of the car off and added a turbo in place. Should see it on a racetrack in FL coming soon!

IMG_6632.jpg

imkochan

First Name
Chen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Hi, I am new to tracking/time trials with my car and have enjoyed it. I am looking to add some more power as I did already upgrade tires, brake pads, brake fluid. I am looking to tune my car. I have a stock 2020 Supra and am going to bench-unlock it. I was wondering which one between MHD (possibly using the OTS stage 1 tune) or Ecutek (custom) tune would be better for my car and keeping the reliability aspect to it. I only have access to 91 pump gas. I am not looking to be the fastest Supra out there, just wanting 30-40 more whp. I also know using the MHD OTS tunes would be the cheaper/easier way to go compared to Ecutek. Thank you!
Sponsored