Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 GR Supra Premium MT
I would have done more negative camber in front but you can grow into that. I would have also put more toe-in in the rear but again, if this is your first HPDE, that alignment will be just fine.

Do you daily the car? What tire?
Stock tire and wheel setup. Car is just a weekend toy at most. Spirited drive out to the hill country if time allows.
Hoping to get some seat time on some tracks around Texas, then hit COTA.
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Stock tire and wheel setup. Car is just a weekend toy at most. Spirited drive out to the hill country if time allows.
Hoping to get some seat time on some tracks around Texas, then hit COTA.
Should be a good alignment as you learn the car on track!

Oodis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT GR Supra
Front
Camber: -3.0 to -3.5
Toe: 0

Rear
Camber: -2.0 to -2.4
.2 to .4 total rear toe-in

The rear toe in being the most important as it will keep the car stable and not snappy over steery.
100% agree

Im running 1.5mm toe in on rear and am happy with the rear end performance but i can see how 2mm would be better ill try it next time i get an alignment.

i will say going from 1mm to 1.5mm made a massive difference so much so my alignment bloke didn't believe me until until i threw him teh keys and got him to try out both settings.

Cheers

theQuaybee

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 18 Audi Q7, 15 VW GTI
Hey friends, looking for feedback on the Triple Seven GT4-style hood vent. I heard the plastic one can warp (though they'll replace it), so I bought the carbon, but looking to see if y'all have heard anyone say they love it or hate it after owning one, if you own one yourselves, etc. I know Razor has one, any feedback would be great, good sir.

Just making sure it's a good choice before I pass the point of no return :D I wanted a little bigger than the Verus.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Hey friends, looking for feedback on the Triple Seven GT4-style hood vent. I heard the plastic one can warp (though they'll replace it), so I bought the carbon, but looking to see if y'all have heard anyone say they love it or hate it after owning one, if you own one yourselves, etc. I know Razor has one, any feedback would be great, good sir.

Just making sure it's a good choice before I pass the point of no return :D I wanted a little bigger than the Verus.
I mean it is a passive vent. ? It may evacuate small X% more heat than Verus but still won’t keep your engine from heat soaking in its own

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
I mean it is a passive vent. ? It may evacuate small X% more heat than Verus but still won’t keep your engine from heat soaking in its own
I'd say its 2-3x more effective than Verus. Its way bigger and its usually placed after the cooling stack, not over the cover like verus. Its about downforce too.
I have it atm but it keeps gettin deatached with tape so i will bolt it on next week.

theQuaybee

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'd say its 2-3x more effective than Verus. Its way bigger and its usually placed after the cooling stack, not over the cover like verus. Its about downforce too.
I have it atm but it keeps gettin deatached with tape so i will bolt it on next week.
Yeah it's massive. Interesting to hear about it detaching for you, I'll have to keep an eye on it. Curious if anyone else has experienced the same?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
You need to make sure everything is clean, you use the adhesive promoter AND you let it set properly. I used rotors.

Hasn't moved or lifted over 22 track days. Hitting 140mph+ each lap. It did warp the first track event though...

IMG_1556.jpeg

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You need to make sure everything is clean, you use the adhesive promoter AND you let it set properly. I used rotors.

Hasn't moved or lifted over 22 track days. Hitting 140mph+ each lap. It did warp the first track event though...

IMG_1556.jpeg
Hmm, they supposedly did those steps, i think it may be a problem with the cut, looks like there is a tension in 1 spot and its lifting there. Need to get this checked + will bolt it on anyway, just in case.

20240316_115649.jpg

Last edited:

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
its probably too late now, but would sliding the vent forward a bit match the hood curvature better?
It went off on one side today and i inspected it myself and I know what the problem is. Its the cut being a bit too narrow, so the vent does not sit on the hood with a bit of play, instead its very thight fit. So when the hood works with air/temps there is lateral tension that causes it to lift in the middle.
Need to cut additional 0.5-1cm so its more loose, i think this will solve it.
Placement is same as Bryan so its not that.

theQuaybee

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's fine, just cut through it. Nothing special to do.
Sweet. That was my initial thought, but now what I’m wondering about is the adhesive. This vent goes on with tape and adhesive promoter. I’m thinking it might be unwise to try to put that to the PPF instead of direct to the paint.
Sponsored