This is the 2020 mid-engine Chevy Corvette / C8 Corvette Z06 revealed

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
^^^All these flavors and you chose salty.. 🧂
Are you talking to me? If so, that noise is no different than a subway train speeding up.. it's a step, granted, but long ways to go.
Car surely is great piece of engineering, no doubt.
Curious how all the weight feels tracking..
Sponsored

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Are you talking to me? If so, that noise is no different than a subway train speeding up.. it's a step, granted, but long ways to go.
Car surely is great piece of engineering, no doubt.
Curious how all the weight feels tracking..
I bet it will do great on the track! Front wheels pulling you through and out of corners.
With the weight it will be like the teslas that track- just super hard on brake pads, rotors and tires.
BUT with super car performance you should start to expect to pay near super car consumables

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
CCBs are standard equipment. Awesome for the street but man the consumable costs on track are stomach churning. One of the reasons I didn't get another ZR1 or the Z07 package.

I hope they build an E-Ray with the LT6. The supplemental TQ from the electric motor along with the 8600RPM redline would be the ultimate combo.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
CCBs are standard equipment. Awesome for the street but man the consumable costs on track are stomach churning. One of the reasons I didn't get another ZR1 or the Z07 package.

I hope they build an E-Ray with the LT6. The supplemental TQ from the electric motor along with the 8600RPM redline would be the ultimate combo.
That is apparently what the Zora will be

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
That is apparently what the Zora will be

There are lots of rumors about the ZR1, Zora, etc.. mostly around forced induction. I think the LT6 E-Ray would sit in between the current offerings and Zora or ZR1 but obviously all just speculation.

KungFu

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra, 01 Impreza RSTi
C8 Corvettes, CTV-4 and CTV-5 Blackwings can now have their ECU/ECM unlocked stateside by HP Tuners.

"HP Tuners now supports GM’s new generation E99 ECM with their GM E99 ECM Service. Once upgraded, start scanning, data logging, reading, editing, and writing to your vehicle via its OBDII port.

You’ll get access to engine parameters like boost, camshaft timing, air/fuel ratio, injector timing, ignition timing, rev limiters, torque management and hundreds more to build a customized tunes for your vehicle needs and modifications, performance wants, and driving situations."

https://www.hptuners.com/gmglobalb/

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Now ppl can actually run high boost on these cars should be interesting to see how these turn out

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Do you think that means that the Supra unlock may be coming stateside soon with this news?
Apples and oranges I'd think. One is made by GM in US with cybersecurity engineers sleeping on the job 🤣 with support from whomever.. Other is made by Bosch with German robots 😁.

1687278631913.png

Nights234

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 premium
Apples and oranges I'd think. One is made by GM in US with cybersecurity engineers sleeping on the job 🤣 with support from whomever.. Other is made by Bosch with German robots 😁.

1687278631913.png
Hey man I'm one of those cybersecurity engineers...Well not working for GM at least lol.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hey man I'm one of those cybersecurity engineers...Well not working for GM at least lol.
find a solution for Bosch ECU already then will you :) lol.
Are you in automotive or elsewhere?

Nights234

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 premium
find a solution for Bosch ECU already then will you :) lol.
Are you in automotive or elsewhere?
Nah Government contractor. Not one of those crazy good ethical hackers. Do more Blue hat stuff. Did Sysadmin before so this is my first cyber job
Sponsored