Turbo Upgrade - Pure Turbo or DAW?

sh3hryar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR MT '23
Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade stock turbo upgrade on '23 MT Supra GR.
Which Turbo brand should I opt for?

My objective is to get most power out of the car without compromising on the reliability.
The car is daily runner 10,000 kms annual (~6,500 miles annual usage).

I don't do track days, I don't do drags. I just want to have a solid powerful Supra to enjoy - when I want to.

Currently I have following mods on the vehicle:

Lowering springs (Whiteline)
Wheel Spacers (Dinan)
MST Air Intake v2
FTP charge pipe
CTS Race DP (free flow) un-catted (will be installed in 10 days)
Clutch Slave Cylinder delete (will be installed in 10 days)

Please note I am not very technical. When you're explaining, treat me like a 3 year old toddler!
Sponsored

Last edited:

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Can't comment on turbo upgrades but would be very interested to hear your opinion after the clutch slave cylinder replacement - presuming this is a CDV delete.

OP
OP
sh3hryar

sh3hryar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR MT '23
Can't comment on turbo upgrades but would be very interested to hear your opinion after the clutch slave cylinder replacement - presuming this is a CDV delete.
Will share my experience.
Indeed, it is CDV delete I am going after.

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
You will need a clutch upgrade too.

I'd consider the Remnant Omega 65 in case you haven't looked into it yet. Great bang for the buck. The only downside is that the intake pieces you have would get replaced by the turbo kit so you'd have to sell those.

Since you are outside of the USA reaching out to @Alec-RemnantPerformance might be worth it to see if getting it shipped to your location still keeps the cost within your price range.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

Evilpenguinking

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra

I'd consider the Remnant Omega 65 in case you haven't looked into it yet. Great bang for the buck. The only downside is that the intake pieces you have would get replaced by the turbo kit so you'd have to sell those.

Since you are outside of the USA reaching out to @Alec-RemnantPerformance might be worth it to see if getting it shipped to your location still keeps the cost within your price range.
I have the remnant as well. So far itā€™s been an awesome upgrade.

MKV.CORN

First Name
Hiep
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
My pure800 made 570/507 on E30 daily map, stock fuel/engine/trans. Based on my experience I highly recommend pureturbo but it also depends on your goal to consider what you are going to get

OP
OP
sh3hryar

sh3hryar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR MT '23

I will look into Remnant Omega.

What sort of transmission upgrade are we talking about here?

OP
OP
sh3hryar

sh3hryar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR MT '23
OP
OP
sh3hryar

sh3hryar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR MT '23

Phillyazn

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR
Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade stock turbo upgrade on '23 MT Supra GR.
Which Turbo brand should I opt for?

My objective is to get most power out of the car without compromising on the reliability.
The car is daily runner 10,000 kms annual (~6,500 miles annual usage).

I don't do track days, I don't do drags. I just want to have a solid powerful Supra to enjoy - when I want to.

Currently I have following mods on the vehicle:

Lowering springs (Whiteline)
Wheel Spacers (Dinan)
MST Air Intake v2
FTP charge pipe
CTS Race DP (free flow) un-catted (will be installed in 10 days)
Clutch Slave Cylinder delete (will be installed in 10 days)

Please note I am not very technical. When you're explaining, treat me like a 3 year old toddler!
I have a 23 manual supra also and my objectives are similar to yours. I just installed my daw ultra flow r in my car the turbo spool sounds pretty good in the cabin. I didnā€™t have to deal with any cores and turbo came in 3 weeks. Iā€™m currently waiting for my dorch stage2 hpfp and s58 injectors( arriving next week) then I can continue with my custom tune from Paul Johnson tunes. My goals are 600-650wtp and 650-700whp if my carā€™s stock motor and transmission can handle that safely and reliably.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
I have a 23 manual supra also and my objectives are similar to yours. I just installed my daw ultra flow r in my car the turbo spool sounds pretty good in the cabin. I didnā€™t have to deal with any cores and turbo came in 3 weeks. Iā€™m currently waiting for my dorch stage2 hpfp and s58 injectors( arriving next week) then I can continue with my custom tune from Paul Johnson tunes. My goals are 600-650wtp and 650-700whp if my carā€™s stock motor and transmission can handle that safely and reliably.
I have a similar fueling setup to you and an MT Supra, but with a Remnant turbo.

Are you attempting that on stock clutch?
Sponsored