“What’s the deal with all the 370 Z’s flex’n on me!”

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Used to happen to me in my BRZ. Everyone and their mom wanted to race or zip around when they saw that thing. The wife and I call it race fever. The Supra...a lot less race fever, but plenty of ppl playing with exhausts or wanting a quick peek at how quick we can gap em. I usually look down on the American muscle cars. Was playing with a brand new, no plates, m550i, that's cooler, imo.
Sponsored

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
When I first got my Supra I was driving home through a rougher part of town.

A 370z pulled out in front of me headed the opposite direction. They had no doors on this car. They flipped me off and yelled fuck you at me. Couldn’t help but laugh.
Beatties Ford Rd or what? hahaha

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
It’s always Altimas that have micro p syndrome that try to catch up to me in heavy traffic and think it’s victory they cut me off. Lol
OMG I thought it was just me! I’ve seen more aggressive Altima drivers and passengers than anything else (although the Chevrolet Cruze is a close second). They seem to be the ones who yell unprovoked obscenities/flip me off, try to run me out of my lane, etc. Almost every other interaction I’ve had while driving my Supra has been positive. I didn’t realize the Altima attracted a certain kind of driver ?‍♂

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
OMG I thought it was just me! I’ve seen more aggressive Altima drivers and passengers than anything else (although the Chevrolet Cruze is a close second). They seem to be the ones who yell unprovoked obscenities/flip me off, try to run me out of my lane, etc. Almost every other interaction I’ve had while driving my Supra has been positive. I didn’t realize the Altima attracted a certain kind of driver ?‍♂

Altimas are the cheapest, easiest with a low credit score to buy.

BoostedTxn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
Vehicle Showcase
Because they know the 400 is coming out, so they have the false feeling that they are going to be just as fast as the one that will replace their false hopes and dreams. :D

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
It’s always Altimas that have micro p syndrome that try to catch up to me in heavy traffic and think it’s victory they cut me off. Lol
Or yr forgetting, the Corollas. Haha those dudes always driving like idiots trying to race, and do a flyby.

Also, out in Southern California, all the lifted trucks trying to race. It's quite ridiculous ?

3rdGearEvo

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 2003 Evo VIII
Funny story, but there's also this beautiful blue Subaru WRX STI that lives out by me (and the end of a very long very fast road). Every time I see him out we both get on it, and every time, he absolutely walks away from me.
Curious about this. I would think the Supra is faster in a roll race. Maybe not from a dig due to the wrx being awd. Is he built? Are you stock? I’ve had different experiences with subies I’ve encountered

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Curious about this. I would think the Supra is faster in a roll race. Maybe not from a dig due to the wrx being awd. Is he built? Are you stock? I’ve had different experiences with subies I’ve encountered
I have an untunable '21, so I'm already behind the curve there. From a drivetrain perspective I've only done a JB+, air filter, downpipe, and exhaust. Judging from the look and sound of his car, he was far from rolling a stock motor. I haven't had problems getting WRX's off the line, even, when they're a good bit modified. This guy's car is something else, though. Hopefully at some point we'll catch each other (pun intended) when neither of us have other stuff to do/get to and we'll stop and chat.

redspencer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD
For those of you on Facebook, there's a hilarious group page called "Big Altima Energy" that is dedicated to making fun of Nissan Altimas and their owners. :D
https://www.facebook.com/groups/552011068675548/

Last edited:

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
If I had a dollar for every Altima owner that wants a piece of my Supra….the best was the guy who had to cut in front of me—only problem was he was traveling too fast and looking in his rear view mirror and smiling about how he “smoked that Supra” that he rear ended a F350.

My fantasy is that a big old Texas boy got out of the truck and whupped his ass.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Up here near Seattle, I haven't really seen many 370Zs around. The only one I remember was cruising with me and a Ferrari somewhere between Tacoma and Tukwila.

The only cars that tried to challenge me were muscle cars down south, and they tend to be teenagers in the base models or the base V8s (usually fully stock). Most are somewhat aware my car isn't stock, but some only get the point after a few pops after a downshift.

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
I’m in my car with my 15 year old daughter and in the course of our drive we saw three 370’s. Each time they saw us or got near they revved their engines with their fart can exhausts. My daughter asked ”why are they ‘flex’n on you’? I laughed and said something of the effect about them having inferiority complexes.

im sure I can be the only one seeing this.
what have y’all experience?
Can’t please everybody. Future classics will have haters lol