"⁣Supra goes Madrid" - Toyota Europe invites to drive the new A90

Status
Not open for further replies.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Either the date for the press event on OP's article was wrong or maybe that is the embargo date before any media outlet can release any info? :dunno:

Welcome to forum @86rebel. Can't wait to see more of your pics and vids. :headbang:
Sponsored

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Hello!!!

Finally I can post this, I saw the cars first time on thursday, Im local to the track and theyve been running here for two days and will be running monday and tuesday, I have have many pictures, and a few vídeos (I took the one that was reposted in Instagram... )

I will update with my impressions and a few other photos later when I get home...

IMG-20180908-WA0081~01.jpg
Thanks for sharing. I see there were 3 prototypes. Do you know if each one was a different trim level? Like 4 cyl, 6 cyl EU, and 6 cyl US?

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Hello!!!

Finally I can post this, I saw the cars first time on thursday, Im local to the track and theyve been running here for two days and will be running monday and tuesday, I have have many pictures, and a few vídeos (I took the one that was reposted in Instagram... )

I will update with my impressions and a few other photos later when I get home...

Welcome! I figured the interior is still fully coverved, but were you able to see anything that we haven’t seen so far?

SVHO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 MX5 ND, 2019 Acura RDX
Shit. Another car that will be hard to get in and out. LOL!! Procedure I learned over the years.

1) Turn butt facing seat
2) Butt drop in first

Attempting to just stand on one leg and bending down throughout the years made the joint and hips hurt. I am getting old.

86rebel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW
Yo that car is moving!!!!!! Damnn

Looks very quick on the track, and the sound!!!!!!
Indeed, from my experience, the car with the fastest engine looks and sounds like something similar to an M2, maybe faster than that but sub-M4... I guess 400 horsepower for sure.

Either the date for the press event on OP's article was wrong or maybe that is the embargo date before any media outlet can release any info? :dunno:

Welcome to forum @86rebel. Can't wait to see more of your pics and vids. :headbang:
I think the date might be right... wouldn't be difficult to store the cars for a week... But it might be possible that the event takes place on monday and tuesday... or it could be the first time the press sees and tries the cars.

Btw the german forum news is from the end of july... it flew under everyones radar until now it seems.

Thanks for sharing. I see there were 3 prototypes. Do you know if each one was a different trim level? Like 4 cyl, 6 cyl EU, and 6 cyl US?
There were 5 camo'd cars and If Im not mistaken, 4 had monoblock brakes and 19'' wheels and the other one had 'simpler' brakes and 18'' wheels. The top equip'd cars sounded a lot more mean, especially on upshifts and the other car still sounded good, but it was clearly slower and another engine spec. All cars were AT (No sign or sound of a MT car)

Al cars seemed EU spec, no sign of front or rear side reflectors like in the FOS car, colours of the cars were Yellow, Gunmetal grey and a dark blue/black, It could be seen when the doors opened or in the edges of the bumpers etc... the yellow looks very close to the 86 hue, maybe a tad more orange.

Also there are 3 cars with removable covers (could be production samples for an early showing to the press) covers were you can drive the car and nobody would be able to see the body but in 3 minutes you can unwrap it.

There were also a sample of its competition, an Audi TT-S, BMW M2, Lexus RC-F, Alpine A-110, Porsche Cayman, Ford Mustang, etc... I don't know if its for internal evaluation or for press but they were there... Along with some old Toyota Supra from past generations from the german collection... so it's not just a track event.

Welcome! I figured the interior is still fully coverved, but were you able to see anything that we haven’t seen so far?
I afraid I didn't see anything new that we haven't seen on spy shots in that regard, the interior is covered but to me it seemed very production-ready and not an early prototype, I saw the interaction of all the lights and the daytime running light, the center light in the rear diffuser is reverse and possible rear fog light.

You could also see many details like badges and so on. Toyota were not protective or shy to show the car to anyone, today and tomorrow on sunday there are two track days with ~3000 people on attendance and they moved the cars around and even went on a trip around the area of the track, through a few twisty roads.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Welcome and thank you! I hope you're ready for a million questions ;)

Did you manage to see the redline on the tacho?

Did you get any pics of the colours in the doors?

Between the four with the "top spec" engine, were there any noticeable differences in the trim/equipment?

Did you get any general impressions from the people who had been in/driven them?

Thanks again!

supramk5

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Hello!!!

What is your Instagram? I would like to repost your photo and give you credit. Thanks

86rebel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW
Welcome and thank you! I hope you're ready for a million questions ;)

Did you manage to see the redline on the tacho?

Did you get any pics of the colours in the doors?

Between the four with the "top spec" engine, were there any noticeable differences in the trim/equipment?

Did you get any general impressions from the people who had been in/driven them?

Thanks again!
I could not see the redline, but as you can see in the video, the cars were pushed a lot.

I didn't just the side of that door in that photo, you can see its gunmetal grey.

Trim seemed the same, dark interior, like in the test mule. There were no exterior differences apart from the wheels, brakes and exhaust tips.

I did not speak to anyone but the car looks and goes like a proper weapon.

What is your Instagram? I would like to repost your photo and give you credit. Thanks
I don't have an instagram account, don't worry about credit.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Why does the MKiV look smaller?

Nurburgring

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 Turbo, M3 E46, Turbocharged NA Miata, S2000, Mazda FC3S & FD3S, EP91 Starlet, EK9 Type R, EG6 Sir2, AE86, 3SGE AE86, Evo7RS, F3 race car
86rebel any chance you could meassure Jarama lap times for the top spec model? PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.