► APEX | SM-10 Future Colors Survey - Concluded.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Bronze is my favorite, followed by silver. I’m over black wheels, but looks like I’m in the minority.

I’ll be glad when y’all get more bronze in, too. I bought a set of ARC-8s for my SS 1LE and love the wheels. Need to get some new Apex shoes on my Supra now!
I'd agree with you except for the fact that on Nitro Yellow... black wheels just look so good IMO. If I had any other color (except black, since I like the murdered look) I'd agree. Bronze looks pretty good on yellow too, but still a distant second to black for me.

@APEXRaceParts - thanks for the update... had to get tires for my OE 19's so now it's less urgent, but still eagerly awaited.
Sponsored

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
My cross posting continues, sorry for anyone seeing these redundant posts, but I want this info to live in our vendor section as well. A bulk update to our threads will be taking place in general as I have time to remove old wheels and add the new incoming ones.

-Tom

Also, on a kind of related note, we should have a OEM+ SM-10 option arriving in a similar timeframe to the current existing Supra SM-10 fitments thanks to development of a G20 3 series BMW wheel. The bolt pattern and bore are identical and the incoming BMW wheels will be 19x9 ET28 front and 19x10 ET38 rear. The plan is to have them available in Anthracite, Race Silver, and yes... Satin Black. Perhaps not as optimal for those looking for a wider setup, but these are a few mm more aggressive front and rear than the OE wheels and should be a solid direct bolt on fitment for those content with factory or +1 tire sizing.

I don't have photos of this fitment on a Supra yet, but its going to sit 4mm further out up front and 2mm further out in the rear than the factory Supra 19s. Here's a brief look at our sample set if you guys don't mind BMWs.

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
Quick inventory update:

Our 19" VS-5RS Wheels in Satin Black have arrived. We'll get the website updated shortly, but following a quick unpacking session at our warehouse, our 19x9.5 ET25 and 19x11 ET40 VS-5RS will begin shipping out in Satin Black.

-Tom

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@APEXRaceParts : So the October target is the expected date for those of us in the group buy on the VS-5RS 18" staggered sets to ship?

Also for those interested and looking at the sizing guides... there are a couple "unicorns" which will give a slightly taller setup (but not requiring spacers I think). These are the ExtremeContact Sport model from Continental. They are the only tires I'm aware of available in both 265/40-18 and 285/40-18 sizes - if you're looking for just a slight gain width and height over stock.

The difference on the fronts will be 4mm taller (total 8mm larger diameter) and the rears would be 5mm taller (total 10mm larger diameter). Probably not as wide (especially in rear) as most would like, but another option that shouldn't rub anywhere and provide a bit closer fitment than wider 35 aspect tires will get.
Fronts:
Screenshot 2022-08-16 at 21-05-05 Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets.png

Rears:
Screenshot 2022-08-16 at 21-02-55 Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets.png

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
More black wheels? Yay .....

The Anthracite looks great on my car, by the way

20220723_084315.jpg

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
More black wheels? Yay .....

The Anthracite looks great on my car, by the way
Agreed. However, not as much a fan on a bright yellow car. ;) Anthracite looks great on black cars too IMO.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Agreed. However, not as much a fan on a bright yellow car. ;) Anthracite looks great on black cars too IMO.
On my yellow car, I'm 100% going bronze. Anthracite would be plan B. On this particular car, the OEM wheels were this color and I really liked them. The Apex have just a slight change in appearance- nothing drastic- which was my goal. I'm very happy with these wheels and may use them on the Supra.
As for black wheels, I'll keep my opinion to myself 😂

OP
OP
APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Sponsor
@APEXRaceParts : So the October target is the expected date for those of us in the group buy on the VS-5RS 18" staggered sets to ship?

Also for those interested and looking at the sizing guides... there are a couple "unicorns" which will give a slightly taller setup (but not requiring spacers I think). These are the ExtremeContact Sport model from Continental. They are the only tires I'm aware of available in both 265/40-18 and 285/40-18 sizes - if you're looking for just a slight gain width and height over stock.

The difference on the fronts will be 4mm taller (total 8mm larger diameter) and the rears would be 5mm taller (total 10mm larger diameter). Probably not as wide (especially in rear) as most would like, but another option that shouldn't rub anywhere and provide a bit closer fitment than wider 35 aspect tires will get.
Correct, October ETA for the 18" VS-5RS shipments in all finishes.

I believe a prior customer ran the 265/40-18 contis on our 18x10 ET30 up front. Clearances were tight, but the tire did clear the spring without spacers:

screen-shot-2021-10-04-at-9-35-35-am-png.png

-Tom
Sponsored