2 offers in less than a week and tons of un-wanted attention

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
This thread is perfect to post my story I suppose. I got home from work today and decided to take the car out for a drive. My next door neighbors live in pissing distance and there was a group of five of them outside playing cornhole, and what have you, in their backyard, while grilling. I back my car out of the garage and go to hop out to go inside the house and lock up when I see all five of them heading towards me. They walk straight up to the car, Twisted Tea's in hand, and start asking me all kinds of questions about the car. All of them were very respectful and loved my car!

My best friend, whom I live with, owns a 2021 ZX6R and they see it in the garage as well and even more questions start popping off. We all proceeded to sit there for close to 45 minutes talking about cars, bikes, and what have you. One of them is either a compulsive liar or drunk, could be both, but he's telling me how his 2007 4.6L Mustang, that he hand built himself, that isn't boosted, is currently making 500+WHP on a built N/A setup and how he would love to race on some back roads. I tell him I don't race strangers but we can play chase if he wants, I will follow and I will pass when/if necessary as long as it's safe, and that my car is currently tuned on E40 making over 500whp and probably close to 550wtq. I'm guessing at this point he realized I know a lot more about cars than he originally anticipated and was essentially calling his bluff on his "500+whp N/A 2007 4.6L Stang" and he told me that on second thought it probably wouldn't be a good idea.

This car draws a lot of attention everywhere I go, sometimes great attention that leaves you feeling good, sometimes attention that leaves you feeling a bit uncomfortable.
Sponsored

fatal-element

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nitro Yellow 3.0 Prem, RIP to my E92 M3
If you really want to fly under the radar, you might want to consider the BMW M or M-ish cars, Audi's RS line, AMGs, or the Golf R, which most non-car people won't tell apart from your run of the mill BMWs, Audis, Mercs, or VW Golfs. That being said, you'll still stick out like a sore thumb if you choose some bright color or drive an import in a place where American cars are popular, or vice versa.
This, my last car was a 2008 E9X M3 and almost no one had any idea what it was unless they were a car person. I actually had more than one friend say "oh I have a 3 series too, great cars" which always made me grit my teeth and my wife smirk at me. Surprisingly quiet stock exhaust, the engine was always far louder than the exhaust (hard to silence the S65). But if you had the transmission set to a low setting, like 2 or 3, it drove very quiet and restrained.

The new Ms are a bit more.....obvious than the E9X line, especially with the new colors. But the M2 (RIP) with the old fascia is still pretty low-key parked.

Supra, not so much.