Attention Hazlenut/Cognac/Tan Interior owners...

SupraGTS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GTS MT6
Are you not bothered by having one Black door and one Hazlenut/Cognac/Tan door? I love the interior generally but it does kinda bother me that the passengers door looks like it should be in a Black interior car.

I showed a couple of my mates and when they finished laughing they asked if Toyota were going to fix it. They were dead serious.

The stupid thing is, both LHD and RHD cars have the passenger door Black. So in theory, you could take a door trim off a LHD car and fit it to the passenger door of a RHD and it would be solved. What I am saying is, Toyota already make the parts to match the rest of the interior, they just dont fit them.

On the drivers side it is a bit of an overload, the door, the steering wheel, the console trim. Then the passenger side, it looks like someone stuck a Cognac seat into what should have been a Black interior. Even the pad on the passenger side is Black but drivers side is Cognac.

So... Does it bother you?

2023-Toyota-GR-Supra-MT-10-scaled.jpg

2023_toyota_supra_3premium-edition_tableau-de-bord_003.jpg
Sponsored

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Hmm... I wonder what replacing the passenger seat with a black one would look like on those with the tan or red interiors.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Are you not bothered by having one Black door and one Hazlenut/Cognac/Tan door? I love the interior generally but it does kinda bother me that the passengers door looks like it should be in a Black interior car.

I showed a couple of my mates and when they finished laughing they asked if Toyota were going to fix it. They were dead serious.

The stupid thing is, both LHD and RHD cars have the passenger door Black. So in theory, you could take a door trim off a LHD car and fit it to the passenger door of a RHD and it would be solved. What I am saying is, Toyota already make the parts to match the rest of the interior, they just dont fit them.

On the drivers side it is a bit of an overload, the door, the steering wheel, the console trim. Then the passenger side, it looks like someone stuck a Cognac seat into what should have been a Black interior. Even the pad on the passenger side is Black but drivers side is Cognac.

So... Does it bother you?

2023-Toyota-GR-Supra-MT-10-scaled.jpg

2023_toyota_supra_3premium-edition_tableau-de-bord_003.jpg
I have the red version. I donā€™t even notice it. But really do like that look in beige!

Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata
There are many more owners of cars with red interiors, than cognac interiors, and this complaint comes up a lot. I ordered my red interior Supra knowing full well that Toyota intentionally left the passenger door panel black, to just wrap the colors around the driver... emphasizing the "driver-focused" nature of the interior. I don't mind it at all.

Strangely, Toyota didn't think the more common black interiors needed to share that "driver focus". šŸ˜„

If it's really making you unhappy, look up the part number of the panel in the color you want. They aren't overpriced, and it's just a trim panel. They aren't hard to replace.šŸ‘

BillyLong42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
Hmm... I wonder what replacing the passenger seat with a black one would look like on those with the tan or red interiors.
This sounds like a cool idea.

Side note: Since I give all my cars female names, my wife asked me "how do you know its a female". I said Toyota always miss-matches the doors panels for the female cars. Take a look.

She was accepting albeit suspicious that I was full of shit.

;):p

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Wow.. yeah, that looks pretty retarded.. :crazy: It reminds me of unpainted black bumpers pre-2000's on lower trim cars..

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
I don't even notice it.

Digitalprty

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited
The MKV Supras do not have the controls as driver-centric as a lot of sports cars do (MKIV Supra is a great example of a driver-centric layout). I believe the decision to color the interior the way they did is to remedy it somewhat. It might be a little awkward, but I have no problem with it.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I just think its cheaper to do it like that lol, and they made some BS excuse. don't love it but I am not going to spend crazy money ordering a passenger door card from a RHD model to remedy it.

Kroberter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91MT Supra, 95 Rx7,67 Corvette 427ci
Canā€™t wait for someone else to see how it looks. God knows Iā€™m not gonna loosen a single panel in this interior. Rattles like my RX7 with 12k miles on it.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
It is the dumbest interior design idea in recent memory.

Even in DeMuro's first video of the Supra, he pointed it out as an obvious assembly error on a pre-production unit and stated that production cars would definitely have matching door panels, because that's what any person with an above room-temperature IQ would think. And this is from a guy who likes things that are weird for the sake of being weird.

It's not weird, it's just bad.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I also think the center console/dash partition should be on the passenger side and not the driver side. Seems odd to me to push the controls away from the driver oriented area.

IMG_4780.jpeg

Last edited:

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
Yes it bothers me and I was already considering doing this from a RHD car and swapping in my switch panel delete.

But, the car is on the chopping block rn so idk lol

Blindspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Iā€™ve got the red interior and donā€™t notice or care that the passenger side is a different color. I canā€™t stand the red, though, and am putting in re-trimmed tan Pole Positions and alcantataā€™ing all of the shit dash, door, and tunnel surfaces in a couple weeks.

Anyone want to add red seats and the driverā€™s side red trim to their car?

Zupraaa

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Personally, I like it. It doesnā€™t bother me in the slightest, but I do get a comment every now and then. I think they were going for a ā€œdriver focusedā€ design as some have pointed out. Idk, I donā€™t have a problem with it šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored