2019 Toyota Supra - First Prototype Spotted! Photos & Video Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If this is the next Supra I see the interior being different as well then what is on this mule. I believe this same interior has been seen on other BMW mules running around with the same dash, steering wheel, and cluster besides the upcoming Z.

I see them using a cockpit apporach for production since the last MKIV Supra incorporated this as well as the FT-1 concept.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Looking at these interior shots is freaking me out a little more... it looks like there's no manual shifter there, some sort of auto selector there, but there ARE ALSO NO VISIBLE PADDLES.

Would be such a shame is this car doesn't get a proper dual clutch, paddle shift. But this is just a mule, and not exactly perfectly clear shots either. I believe the outgoing Z4 has a dual clutch box.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Looking at these interior shots is freaking me out a little more... it looks like there's no manual shifter there, some sort of auto selector there, but there ARE ALSO NO VISIBLE PADDLES.

Would be such a shame is this car doesn't get a proper dual clutch, paddle shift. But this is just a mule, and not exactly perfectly clear shots either. I believe the outgoing Z4 has a dual clutch box.
I just care that the car gets a manual! Based on Tada's vision for this car and what it's supposed to be, I think it'll definitely come with a manual.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ I agree...we do live in a century where DCT/auto transmission are in higher demand. But a car like this deserves an option for a manual or a sequential gear box at least.

Villa Jonny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus [V8] RCF, Camry [V6] SE
Vehicle Showcase
Been looking at a couple of new Toyotas and I kinda see what toyota will go for the front end..

Sorry for the crappy pics. I'm at work and I am doing this from my phone.. Lol

Attachments

OP
OP

JT

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Vehicle Showcase
We're happy to bring you the first video of the 2018/2019 Toyota Supra prototype! It was spotted leaving and entering the BMW M Test Center at the Nurburgring, which is no surprise considering the Supra is being co-developed and shares a platform with the upcoming BMW Z5.

Updated with video of on-track footage:

Last edited:

veloist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 MR2 NA, '20 BRZ tS, '20 Supra LE
Was it just me or did it sound kind of hybrid-like when it first accelerated...

Status
Not open for further replies.