Featured The Toyota Supra Owner's Club Event featuring Tetsuya Tada & the A90 (photos/videos)

Discussion in 'General Supra Topics' started by Captain_Kirk, Jul 13, 2018.

?

Which Supra do you think looks the best?

1. A90

47.9%
  2. A80

34.2%
  3. A70

12.3%
  4. A60

5.5%
  5. A40

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lexafer

Lexafer Member

Car(s):
    Toyota 4Runner
    Liked:
    2JZ-No-Sh*t likes this.
  2. SS900

SS900 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Al
    Car(s):
    95 Supra twin turbo
    Liked:
    History, reliability, drive ability, etc. superseded everything else???

It’s all in your head. This was a brand new product with zero history. Its not even a great car or anything, it handles nice and that’s about it. Great for tuners only and that’s why it’s not selling.

3. BRX

BRX Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Abdulla
    Car(s):
    Tundra, Celica, GT86
    Liked:
    Wrap it up guys. SS900 said it won't sell, Toyota if you're listening scrap the car, no body wants it. There is nothing else to do here might as well shut down the forum.

But seriously, I for one, feel the same as BRZer towards the MKV. I'd be lying if I said the Supra name and Toyota badge wasn't the biggest factor in buying this car. Call me an idiot but that's the truth and I know for a fact I'm not the only one.

4. BRZer86

BRZer86 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Car(s):
    2018 Subaru WRX
    Liked:
    God bless the ability to carry a preference when it comes to a consumer purchasing a car.

Since you’re opinion is automatically classified as a fact, re-up your career and become an automotive consultant in a country run by a dictator.

I, myself, the consumer, decided to purchase a product based on history, reliability, driveability, etc.

#USA #Freedom #Mirca

ginsuown, BRX and SPMS like this.
  5. SS900

SS900 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Al
    Car(s):
    95 Supra twin turbo
    Liked:
    #305 Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    I was talking about the 86. Pay attention.

I get it though, you ignore facts and just go with a badge because that’s how you like to do things, it’s your right but don’t be offended if I point out that your reasoning is flawed. The biggest factor is the Toyota badge and the Supra name yet it’s more bmw than a Toyota. It just doesn’t make sense. Its all good, i’m going to keep a low profile from here on.

6. BRX

BRX Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Abdulla
    Car(s):
    Tundra, Celica, GT86
    Liked:
    The 86 didn't sell?! I bought one and I've read plenty of others on the form who own one or have had one in the past. That's all that matters imo, I don't really follow car sales because it doesn't actually affect me and frankly I don't really care.

Also I don't need to see sales figures to know Toyota sold more FR-S'/86s than Subaru sold BRZs, I know people will buy Toyota for their "History, reliability, drive ability, etc."

If everyone bought a car on how well it sold, we would all be driving Corollas and F150s :dunno:

I have faith in Toyota to deliver a Toyota car. I might be mistaken but Toyota/Lexus has never delivered a car that didn't make you feel like you're in a Toyota built car. I don't think the Halo car would be any different. BMW parts or whatever, it won't roll out of the production line without Toyota's seal of approval.

I have never owned a BMW and I probably never will. If I got into the MKV without ever knowing something called BMW existed I'm pretty sure I will get the Toyota 'vibe' from it just like my other 7 Toyota vehicles.

7. SS900

SS900 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Al
    Car(s):
    95 Supra twin turbo
    Liked:
    You got it buddy.

8. Jeff Lange

Jeff Lange Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Car(s):
    AE86, GSE21
    Liked:
    Engineering Student
    Scion iA/Yaris Sedan is a completely rebadged Mazda 2. Nothing Toyota in that car and it feels it.

There are others.

Jeff

9. Lexafer

Lexafer Member

Car(s):
    Toyota 4Runner
    Liked:
    For some of our European members, the Toyota Aygo is badge engineered with Citroen C1 and Peugeot 107/108.

Jeff Lange likes this.
  10. Jeff Lange

First Name:
    Jeff
    Car(s):
    AE86, GSE21
    Liked:
    Engineering Student
    That was the other I had been thinking of off the top of my head. Very non-Toyota.

Jeff

BRX likes this.
  11. GT-Four

GT-Four Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Toyota Celica
    Liked:
    I disagree on the Aygo. I've owned all 3 variants and if anything, they all feel VERY Toyota. From the engine to the daihatsu looking cluster to everything is proper Toyota.

12. Jeff Lange

First Name:
    Jeff
    Car(s):
    AE86, GSE21
    Liked:
    Engineering Student
    I wouldn't put the Aygo in the same class as the iA/Yaris, that's for sure, and of course it has a Toyota engine, but it doesn't feel very Toyota to me when I've driven them. Seemed like good cars and definitely a Toyota influence.

Jeff

13. aeronSUPRAco

aeronSUPRAco Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    A90 Supra(soon)
    Liked:
    Businessman
    Not because it has a Toyota badge then it will feel very Toyota. Just like the 86, it feels very Subaru. Hoping the upcoming all-new Supra and Z4 will not feel the same from all aspects.