Status
Not open for further replies.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
New Toyota Supra tested in Australia

Toyota’s next-generation Supra sports car has been subjected to testing in Australia to confirm its suspension tuning and dynamics are suitable for the local and world markets.

Chief engineer Tetsuya Tada and engineers from Japan have put a Supra prototype through its paces on Australian roads, supported by Toyota Australia’s highly regarded vehicle engineering and development group.

The five-day evaluation and suitability test involved areas where Supra customers are likely to travel, including sweeping country roads, twisty mountain climbs and the Great Ocean Road – considered one of the world’s great drives.

Tada said he had been keen to use Australia’s roads to confirm performance targets for Supra and ensure it would satisfy the dynamic preferences of local drivers.

“We know your drivers tend to favour strong levels of body control and steering feel, particularly for your undulating road surfaces.

“It’s vital the driver feels confident during rough-road cornering and that the car is very stable under braking. Speedo accuracy is also very important.

“Working on aspects of handling and other details here in Australia allows us to make refinements that will result in a better car right up until production starts in the first part of next year,” said Tada.

He said the local VED group, led by Paul Diamandis, was regarded among the best in the world for suspension tuning and dynamic evaluation.

Australia offered surfaces that replicated 80 per cent of the world’s roads, including some of the toughest that would be experienced by customers anywhere, he said.

“I wanted to involve Australia right towards the end of our development program,” said Tada.

Diamandis said local testing included overall performance and driveability, ride, handling, stability, brakes, seat comfort and insulation from noise, vibration and harshness on coarse-chip bitumen and gravel.

“We’ve taken the Supra prototype across a variety of conditions including popular touring destinations because almost half the people we expect to buy a Supra list their number one hobby as holidays and travel,” he said.

Toyota Australia’s vice president sales and marketing Sean Hanley said the new-generation A90 Supra is the rebirth of a Toyota sports-car legend.

“Supra is the halo model for Toyota sports cars and our new GAZOO Racing (GR) brand, heralding a new generation of stylish driver-focused cars with enhanced dynamics and performance,” said Hanley.

“These cars, honed under the extreme conditions of motorsport, will demonstrate Toyota’s commitment to ensuring everyone can enjoy the freedom, adventure and excitement of driving,” he said.
http://www.manmonthly.com.au/supra+tested+in+australia
Sponsored

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
it's definitely attainable, just depends on what your definition of that is lol. I know the ballpark figure, and it's not cheap IMO.

for reference, the standard RC-F is currently $65k. The Track Edition is slated to come in right at ~$95k according to my marketing/sales contact at TMS USA. the 86 GRMN was also sold for ~30k premium over base car.

the A90 GRMN is a bit more extensive than those two however.
Are these serialized cars the special edition grmn? I’m just hoping they stay under $100k but I most likely am buying this edition as long as a dealer doesn’t fuck it with a markup like $20k or so.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Are these serialized cars the special edition grmn? I’m just hoping they stay under $100k but I most likely am buying this edition as long as a dealer doesn’t fuck it with a markup like $20k or so.
I have a feeling we will all be in for a big surprise on pricing. I have this gut feeling the numbered cars won’t be very affordable unfortunately. Dealerships will know the differences between regular MKV’s and the top tier cars obviously and will price gouge accordingly. Don’t forget, there are probably a good number of folks out there ready to give Toyota whatever they ask for the numbered cars.

Last edited:

AsupramkvC

First Name
Gerich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
https://www.motor1.com/news/298459/toyota-supra-price-limited-acceptable/

Chief engineer Tetsuya Tada said(check the link above) price of the Supra will be “acceptable”. What does “acceptable” pricing mean? For sure it will be cheaper than the Z4; but how much cheaper is the question....and Toyota has been absent in this segment for quite some time so it’s hard to name its competitors, as well as price it. It’s not as luxury as a BMW Z4, Porsche 718 Cayman, or Jaguar F-Type. The likes of Nissan 370Z, Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro are far more closer in comparison in terms of performance offering. My guess is, it will slot in between, say, a base model Nissan 370Z and a base BMW Z4.... so that should be somewhere around $40k-$55k ballpark.

Last edited:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.motor1.com/news/298459/toyota-supra-price-limited-acceptable/

Chief engineer Tetsuya Tada said(check the link above) price of the Supra will be “acceptable”. What does “acceptable” pricing mean? For sure it will be cheaper than the Z4; but how much cheaper is the question....and Toyota has been absent in this segment for quite some time so it’s hard to name its competitors, as well as price it. It’s not as luxury as a BMW Z4, Porsche 718 Cayman, or Jaguar F-Type. The likes of Nissan 370Z, Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro are far more closer in comparison in terms of performance offering. My guess is, it will slot in between, say, a base model Nissan 370Z and a base BMW Z4.... so that should be somewhere around $40k-$55k ballpark.
Hehe....you don’t know what I’m talking about do you? I’ll give you a hint, I’m not talking about the “regular” MKV Supra’s.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Opinions vary on that, most reviewers are not enamored of the Mustang GT's handling even with the the PP1 option. The SS handles better, but it certainly did not feel like a sports car to me when I drove it, far too big, cumbersome, and heavy.
The seats are rough on the SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.