Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
Hell Toyota had to Recertify emissions and crash testing just for the stick for only 4-5k cars assuming fy25 is the end. Simply no way they are doing that for the s58 for a few hundred. There would be no way to recoup those costs under 100k per unit and then what’s the point. It would have to be a halo send off passion project. Lot of blood and tears for a reskinned Z4 M that BMW won’t even build
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
At $92K, but the time it hits the States it will be around $200K.

At that price I would rather have something else.. (?) :hmm:

mkvB58KING

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
You lost me at 3JZ, this reads like an April Fools joke.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
"My sources tell me that this is the 3JZ-GTE-TTTS (TTTS = Twin Turbo Twin Scroll) motor developed by Yamaha/GRMN using a straight 6 aluminum block motor paired with a 7speed manual or 9 speed auto."

This is bait. Right? Nobody is stupid enough to believe this.

I genuinely can't tell if you're straight up delusional or are trying to make a joke
I'll leave that up to you but if/when it happens, you'll know who told you first. Haha

If that whole thing is a troll then I certainly took the bait. 😂 Hook line and sinker.
When it comes down to it, once those "spy shots" came out, the discussion for the S58 or a GRMN has been a meme. If a GRMN does come out, many of us will be proven wrong but the odds are very slim. Also, how do we know that those "spy shots" are from an actual test car. Anyone can wrap parts of their car with some digital camo and make it seem like a test car. Maybe I'm being negative but this thread among others have discussed this topic back in October/November. I'm sure we will continue to discuss these same articles in 2024. I'll feed the fire in February of 2024 citing this article and reposting a new thread for us to go through this same circle jerk that we've been through on a monthly basis.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
The official release is happening on December the 28th @ 2pm CVT. I have an inside source, but I can't say too much. There have been hints at "updated version of the 2JZ". That's all I can say for now. I don't want to get my source in trouble. I guess you guys have to wait to find out in two weeks.

@razorlab I am allowed to let you know guys know it will run a special synthetic oil 2w-14.

Two weeks.gif

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
I remember seeing somewhere a GR test driver said it has a ‘big motor’

I guess that might be a hint…or maybe not..,i dunno

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned