2020 better daily?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nocturnal Black
With lower rpm max torque, softer suspension, etc. Is it possible that the 2020 Supra is a better real world car than the more track purposed 2021?
Thatā€™s the reason I went with the 2020 instead of waiting; I wanted a 2 seater that I could daily.
I love that the chassis is very rigid and soaks up any road imperfections, you get to enjoy this car in almost any road, not just perfect tarmac.
I wanted a stable sporty ride that wasnā€™t harsh or punishing; typically ā€œtrackā€ oriented carā€™s suck at real world enjoyment.
So after test driving it, I didnā€™t want to risk it, specially since you get the real ā€œfeelā€ of the suspension after it sort of breaks in.

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Neither is a good daily. Just IMO. Lol
Hard to see out, blind spots when changing lanes, low, small trunk space, low ceiling.

Either or would be the same. 20 or 21.
I can definitely agree with the blind spot issue; annoying when turning into a service road.

I am not that tall (5'10"), so the low ceiling isn't terribly annoying (only con is you'd have to stop a bit short at traffic lights or you wouldnt be able to see the light change)

Trunk space is quite large from what I would expect out of a car this size.

OP
OP
Orcuttfox

Orcuttfox

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I love my 2020, it's an exciting, tug at your soul, sportscar that I can enjoy driving every day. When I need it to, I can take one friend and two golf bags to the course. Lucky I guess to have a second vehicle if I need to haul kids and soccer balls. If you really need a track weapon, 2020 or 2021 will need a few mod's anyway. Did I mention I am loving my 2020 on the backroads now instead of waiting until whenever the 2021 comes out

Reactions: CJ-

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
I donā€™t think your going to notice the difference with lower tq rpm difference. Itā€™s not like your going to be flooring every single second.
I disagree, I think the lower compression will definitely have an affect on the bottom end grunt. Only time will tell!

By the time the 2021 comes out, my car will be way over +50hp... so Iā€™m not worried about the 2021 performance gain

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
I agree & think the 2021 won't be as comfortable. Please excuse this post but reason being I have a good chance of getting a 2021 Supra Press Car if this video gets views & can compare to my 2020. Appreciate if you just let this video play through in background if this isn't your style. Thanks!

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I disagree, I think the lower compression will definitely have an affect on the bottom end grunt. Only time will tell!

By the time the 2021 comes out, my car will be way over +50hp... so Iā€™m not worried about the 2021 performance gain
I am talking about for daily driving, stop and go traffic, and etc
Sponsored