2020 Supra Firesale?

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
When I enter my zip code (California), it still says $3500. I even contacted my dealer about it and he says different regions may have different incentives. Either way, it would've been nice to get the $4500 when I purchased mine lol
That's interesting. But California is probably their biggest market, so they figure it'll sell at a $3500 rebate and doesn't need a $4500 rebate.
Sponsored

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I finalized a deal for a 3.0 Premium in Turbulence Grey for $47,999 with no dealer fees. It also had the carbon mirror caps, so the MSRP was $57,130. I pick it up in 2 weeks since its out of state. I told the sales guy I was considering waiting an extra week to see if the rebate goes up. They were super easy to work with and drafted a contract with a sale date in this month so if the rebate went away (which I doubt), I would still be able to buy it at my price. And if the rebate actually increases, they'll tear up the contract and adjust it to the new lower price and sign it when I arrive in two weeks. Can't wait!

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I finalized a deal for a 3.0 Premium in Turbulence Grey for $47,999 with no dealer fees. It also had the carbon mirror caps, so the MSRP was $57,130. I pick it up in 2 weeks since its out of state. I told the sales guy I was considering waiting an extra week to see if the rebate goes up. They were super easy to work with and drafted a contract with a sale date in this month so if the rebate went away (which I doubt), I would still be able to buy it at my price. And if the rebate actually increases, they'll tear up the contract and adjust it to the new lower price and sign it when I arrive in two weeks. Can't wait!
This is amazing. I am looking for a deal in california for a month now. There are hardly any red supras and the ones which are available are not a good deal at all.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is amazing. I am looking for a deal in California for a month now. There are hardly any red supras and the ones which are available are not a good deal at all.
Thanks! You suffer from the same location issue as me. I'm located in South Florida, so all the dealers are selling at MSRP since the year round demand is pretty good. I imagine with most of California, the driving season is pretty much year-round. I specifically waited until the winter months were approaching to look in the snowy areas for deals. This dealer admitted that they only sell a handful because its snowing half the year. And if they hold onto it even longer, it probably won't be sold until next spring.

You can always buy out of state and drive it back. That's what I'm doing. But your trip would be very far so maybe a car transporter? I'm picking mine up from NY, so its not THAT bad of a drive, just along the east coast. When I bought my BRZ, I went to Colorado and drove it back. I just made a trip out of it and got to see Denver, Kansas City, Nashville and Atlanta. All cities I've never been to before.

Another dealer in NY quoted me the same car without the carbon mirror caps for $48,375 and a $75 dealer fee. It was turbulence grey though, not red.

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Thanks! You suffer from the same location issue as me. I'm located in South Florida, so all the dealers are selling at MSRP since the year round demand is pretty good. I imagine with most of California, the driving season is pretty much year-round. I specifically waited until the winter months were approaching to look in the snowy areas for deals. This dealer admitted that they only sell a handful because its snowing half the year. And if they hold onto it even longer, it probably won't be sold until next spring.

You can always buy out of state and drive it back. That's what I'm doing. But your trip would be very far so maybe a car transporter? I'm picking mine up from NY, so its not THAT bad of a drive, just along the east coast. When I bought my BRZ, I went to Colorado and drove it back. I just made a trip out of it and got to see Denver, Kansas City, Nashville and Atlanta. All cities I've never been to before.

Another dealer in NY quoted me the same car without the carbon mirror caps for $48,375 and a $75 dealer fee. It was turbulence grey though, not red.
I am considering that option but still, I have to fly out of California and go to the dealership to negotiate the deal and then transport is a big hassle and the dealer wouldn't take any responsibility of any damage and these out of state dealers lose all their enthusiasm to talk to me once they learn that I am calling from someplace else. They want me to come in for a test-drive and then talk about numbers. These dealerships are such big pain.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Thanks! Y.

Congrats on the purchase. Crazy here in Florida I found maybe 3 leftover 2020s on the lots. NY/NJ/CT had like 35-40 2020s on their lots.... Probably explains why they've got the 4500 rebate only for that area.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am considering that option but still, I have to fly out of California and go to the dealership to negotiate the deal and then transport is a big hassle and the dealer wouldn't take any responsibility of any damage and these out of state dealers lose all their enthusiasm to talk to me once they learn that I am calling from someplace else. They want me to come in for a test-drive and then talk about numbers. These dealerships are such big pain.
That's weird. I got all my pricing upfront. I even have the financing finalized. My dealer said even after I show up if I don't want the car, they'll just give me back the deposit.

I always negotiate via email so its written and I used another dealer to bring them down even furter. Originally he offered it for $1k more. But I told him another dealer offered me a similar spec for less. Even though their car had a higher MSRP, the immediately dropped it by $1k and was willing to work with me about the rebate possibly increasing next month. That part sealed the deal for me since most dealers want you to buy right away.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Congrats on the purchase. Crazy here in Florida I found maybe 3 leftover 2020s on the lots. NY/NJ/CT had like 35-40 2020s on their lots.... Probably explains why they've got the 4500 rebate only for that area.
I agree. I'm hoping the rebate goes to $5k next week so I can get it further reduced lol

Supra60

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius Prime, Toyota Rav4

Can you tell me who the dealer is that quoted that price in NY? I am in upstate NY. Thanks!

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Last edited:

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I agree. I'm hoping the rebate goes to $5k next week so I can get it further reduced lol
One of the dealers in NJ just called me and told me that today is the last day for the rebate and they have information from the regional manager that Toyota is not extending the rebate on the supra. So they want me to make a decision now. Dealer tactic? Or are the rebates really ending? Anyone have any information?

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
One of the dealers in NJ just called me and told me that today is the last day for the rebate and they have information from the regional manager that Toyota is not extending the rebate on the supra. So they want me to make a decision now. Dealer tactic? Or are the rebates really ending? Anyone have any information?
Iā€™d say itā€™s a dealer tactic. As long as 2020s are on the lot and 2021s are rolling in, I donā€™t see the rebate going away. The 2020s would never sell. Tomorrow is the last day of the month and quarter. Heā€™s definitely trying to pressure you to buy ASAP. And dealers donā€™t know what rebates are going to be until the beginning of that month. Total dealer BS.

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Iā€™d say itā€™s a dealer tactic. As long as 2020s are on the lot and 2021s are rolling in, I donā€™t see the rebate going away. The 2020s would never sell. Tomorrow is the last day of the month and quarter. Heā€™s definitely trying to pressure you to buy ASAP. And dealers donā€™t know what rebates are going to be until the beginning of that month. Total dealer BS.
Well the dealer dropped the price by almost a 1000 bucks to convince me to make the sale today. So I am starting to believe him.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Well the dealer dropped the price by almost a 1000 bucks to convince me to make the sale today. So I am starting to believe him.
You're never going to get the "best" price. There's always someone, somewhere, getting a better deal. If you like the price, go get it. If you don't, wait and risk losing the deal altogether if the rebate falls off. But I'd say you'd have till the end of the month.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Whatā€™s the price now?
Sponsored