2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Makes Global Debut During Honda Civic Tour “Remix” Virtual / Civic Type R

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Having owned an '00 ITR and driven an EK CTR, I'm forever spoiled and can't enjoy any of the new ones😂
They sure are fast, though. I'll give them that.
Sponsored

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.

Musa_Hanzo

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Rockville, MD I Seoul, S. Korea I Yokohama, Japan
Car(s)
Toyota I Honda I Porsche
Having owned an '00 ITR and driven an EK CTR, I'm forever spoiled and can't enjoy any of the new ones😂
They sure are fast, though. I'll give them that.
Coming from owning 92 NA-1 NSX and 97 ITR, how nimble and sexy they were and scream for more at 8000RPM...Oh yes.. LOL :bow:
Suddenly, they started getting big and bigger and stopped screaming for more and I just stopped paying attention.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yeah I know.. but the competition all stepped up. Look at the Golf R; the (now gone) Focus; The Yarris GR and Corolla GR; etc.
But, the R and RS have always been AWD. They are separate models, not newer, AWD versions of the GTi and ST. Same with the GRs.
If Honda did something like a Type R, but AWD, it would probably have a different name, too.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
But, the R and RS have always been AWD.
If Honda did something like a Type R, but AWD, it would probably have a different name, too.
They're all hot hatches though and so competing in the same space. Honda is just being stubborn (and cheap) by not moving to an AWD system. They moved away from being NA because of emissions, and they will move away from front wheel drive eventually too because of performance. Not many hot hatches remain that are exclusively FWD. 🤷‍♂️

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
They're all hot hatches though and so competing in the same space. Honda is just being stubborn (and cheap) by not moving to an AWD system. They moved away from being NA because of emissions, and they will move away from front wheel drive eventually too because of performance. Not many hot hatches remain that are exclusively FWD. 🤷‍♂️
The old Veloster, i20n, i30n, GTi, Focus ST, Fiesta ST, Megane RS, Cupra Leon (I think), and I could go on. All are FWD that the CTR could compete with.

The AWD cars you list are a different segment. Not something Honda is after with the CTR.

What you're wanting is a different car.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
The old Veloster, i20n, i30n, GTi, Focus ST, Fiesta ST, Megane RS, Cupra Leon (I think), and I could go on. All are FWD that the CTR could compete with.

The AWD cars you list are a different segment. Not something Honda is after with the CTR.
Yeah not here in Australia. The STs were never competitors here for example. The only real competiion was the Focus RS, Megane RS and the Golf GTI/R. And up until very recently, the Hyundais weren't (and for my money still aren't) considered relevant.

As of the last generation Type R, Honda increased the prices here so much that they began punching well above their weight, hence why I see it a bit differently.

I am further biased by the fact that Honda have also completely lost the plot here in other ways. In the last few years they have forced almost all the dealerships here to close and have moved to a fixed price Australia wide model.

They also refuse (at least in my experience) to even let anyone test drive a Type R without putting down a "if you like it you are committed to buying it" deposit.

I love my FN2 Type R but I'm done with Honda as a motor car company.. and their latest offerings do nothing to change my mind.

What you're wanting is a different car.
This too. I've grown out of the hot hatch (performance/utility compromise) segment and hence am moving up to a Supra. 😃

Last edited:

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yeah not here in Australia. The STs were never competitors here for example. The only real competiion was the Focus RS, Megane RS and the Golf GTI/R. And up until very recently, the Hyundais weren't (and for my money still aren't) considered relevant.

As of the last generation Type R, Honda increased the prices here so much that they began punching well above their weight, hence why I see it a bit differently.

I am further biased by the fact that Honda have also completely lost the plot here in other ways. In the last few years they have forced almost all the dealerships here to close and have moved to a fixed price Australia wide model.

They also refuse (at least in my experience) to even let anyone test drive a Type R without putting down a "if you like it you are committed to buying it" deposit.

I love my FN2 Type R but I'm done with Honda as a motor car company.. and their latest offerings do nothing to change my mind.

This too. I've grown out of the hot hatch (performance/utility compromise) segment and hence am moving up to a Supra. 😃
That's all fair. Yeah, I was thinking the global market, but considering local, I can see what you mean. I still have a soft spot for those hatches, though ... I wouldn't mind have a couple of them. 😁
Sponsored