2023 A91MT-M3 Comp 2023 (trade in)

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
They may give you more on the trade and then do the shell game to get that money back somewhere else in fees, BS add-ons, bad financing terms, or markup on the M4 or something. Just gotta be on the look out for that.
Sponsored

more.cylinders

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT 3.0 Premium, NSX
I ran the numbers for your. $54.8k is wholesale price, so dealer would offer you 5% below that (at most). If you sold it private party, you might get $57-58k
I couldn't run the numbers with 2023, because data isn't available yet.

Try retailmyride.com and see if you can find a local broker who can consign a special vehicle like this. Most likely get a better sale price than otherwise, and you wouldn't have to deal with people trying to lowball you.

unfortunately, the market just isn't as hot as it was 2 months ago. Sorry - we're all hurting.

1674181710355.png

OP
OP
Sal Rod

Sal Rod

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT SE
I ran the numbers for your. $54.8k is wholesale price, so dealer would offer you 5% below that (at most). If you sold it private party, you might get $57-58k
I couldn't run the numbers with 2023, because data isn't available yet.

Try retailmyride.com and see if you can find a local broker who can consign a special vehicle like this. Most likely get a better sale price than otherwise, and you wouldn't have to deal with people trying to lowball you.

unfortunately, the market just isn't as hot as it was 2 months ago. Sorry - we're all hurting.

1674181710355.png
A91MT Special Edition aint the same,but thanks for checking..

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
Just picked up a 2023 M340i for the wife and it's an absolutely beautiful car. Can't go wrong with the M340i or the M3. Personally, I was going to get the M3 Comp, but decided on the M550i for more livability and I have a soft spot of twin-turbo V8s.

qCeUrjI.jpg

more.cylinders

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT 3.0 Premium, NSX
A91MT Special Edition aint the same,but thanks for checking..
Yes, I understand it’s not the same, but number aren’t available. This at least gets you in the ballpark. Not trying to be too much of a downer, but the values aren’t that different across the models - a few % points at most (unfortunately these aren’t the 1 of 1 Ferrari F1 GTR for example, or even the 1 of 5 Porsche 911.)
Just trying to help keep expectations reasonable because I’ve found that if expectations aren’t accurate, then it prevents people from making quick and informed decisions.
I’ve seen so many people lose a bunch of money because they’re holding out for unreasonable prices (me included). You see this in the Rivian community right now, where people are waiting And waiting, when they could’ve sold their truck for $95k 2 months ago, but now they’re worth only 82k today

DrSupra

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT
Before settling on buying a Supra and then a C8 and ending up on a Supra again, I first looked very seriously at the M3/M4. I'm very happy with the decision to go Supra. It's significantly less expensive but the M3 gives you a really good combo of practicality and performance. Not a lot of competitors to consider besides the CTS 5V Blackwing and RS3 but the Blackwing will go over 100k. I loved both the M3 and M4 and the possibilities tuning it are insane...great motor there. I ran into difficulties that turned me away from the M3 though... if I wanted to order a 2023 M3, dealers all were telling me that it would take a year minimum to receive it. When cars came in that were ordered and the buyer didn't complete the transaction, the car would sell before I had a chance to really think about it and some of them went for over sticker or they were not the specs i wanted (can be sure I'm getting exactly what I want at that price). The other thing I didn't love was that the 2023 M3s have idrive 8/the curved screen...really didn't feel like that matched the character of the car. But hey, it has Android Auto and the Supra doesnt so that would have been nice for me. Interesting thing was also that the 2023 M4 still had idrive 7. I know some people do like idrive 8 but I didn't...it's certainly impressive but it may age poorly.

I'd be prepared to take it on the chin on a trade in unless you want to go the private party route instead..I'm in a state where the value of the trade in doesn't help with sales tax, so it may make more sense and be more convenient to trade for you if it does. I'd really hope you wouldn't lose too much though considering the low mileage of your car. Last, I'd be worried BMW may do some changes for the next model year though I suppose that change to idrive 8 could be their LCI (it likely won't change much but just a thought. It's been months since I was paying attention to the M3).

Another poster suggested just buying another daily driver that meets your needs. I actually ended up doing that and bought a CX30 so I could have a dedicated sports car with a manual. If you touch options on the M3 comp, you can quickly get to 85-90K...the difference between that and your Supra could get you a nice daily. Not sure if you're remotely interested in doing that but I was happy with my decision to have a really practical car and the Supra is still usable enough to get to work and get groceries. Plus, if you have kids there's less opportunities for them to do horrific things to your sports car, as opposed to subjecting the M3 to that type of use (clearly am obsessive and don't have kids here).

Edit: seeing people mentioned the M340 and M240. The xdrive versions are really really quick and lovely for general use....i drove a M240 xdrive a while back and it felt like a rocket ship with that AWD on launch (it had been a while since I drove a fast car) but it also lacked any sort of driver feedback...take that with a grain of salt since I had a 20 minute test drive like 6 months ago and the Supra is pretty numb in terms of steering feel compared to something like the GT350...it's all relative.

Last edited:

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
As a prior multi bmw owner
 I can say
 I don’t care for the special 2023 bmw roundel. I know what it represents (50th Anniversary) but way too busy to the eye for me.

AF4E54FF-11FE-454F-905D-49CA084274CE.jpeg

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
it might just fill in my need for speed and space required.
Unless you’re fulfilling your need for speed with your family in the car, then your sporty car’s sporty-ness is wasted when hauling the family.

If you’re not opposed, I recommend a second daily for family duty. Take the Supra whenever you’re not with family.

djmad

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ Supra MT, 07’ 328i MT, 20’ Civic AT
Those carbon bucket seats though in the new G8X’s 😍. The performance you get on the competition spec is nice but I’d probably opt for a base model to get a manual.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Take the Supra whenever you’re not with family.
~ my wife has ridden in my Supra twice in 2 years. she feels claustrophobic in the car
 and I love the cockpit like space. it’s become a ‘me time’ car for pure enjoyment. đŸ€Ș

Supra Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supras
You can get a practical family daily driver for the difference between your vehicles trade in and the new one. As a few others have recommended, I would get a nice family crossover/BoF SUV in the $40k range as an addition.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
We had a VW GLI that my wife still misses (great gas mileage, good service dept here in my town, great engine). And we’ve always had some kind of 2 seater in our garage. When the kids were little, a SUV was a must for all the crap my wife liked to drag around. A sedan would have never done it. So that’s 3 cars 🙃
But yeah, the Supra + SUV sounds like the best option if you’re not opposed. Gonna be hard to convince this crowd who loves the Supra’s power to weight to cost to fun ratio 😉
Sponsored