2023 Supra MT Bimmercode Recovery Failing

Fridge Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
R34 GTT, A91-MT
I just purchased Bimmercode and wanted to try it out. However the coding failed when writing the ECU and BDC. Backup files are present, but the recovery fails after the progress bar reaches 100%.

I am able to code other modules fine, but it always fails to recover the ECU and BDC.

I am using a OBDLink LX and followed all the instructions on the guide here (Wifi off, bluetooth connections deleted etc.)

The car now shows a power steering error and will not start. The brake pedal also seemed to be locked up?

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? If anyone has a backup file for these modules for a 2023 MT Supra that would be great to compare to mine to see if there is something wrong with them as well.

I've sent an email to Bimmercode support, but this car is my daily, so I'm trying all my options to figure out how to fix this.
Sponsored

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
New anxiety unlocked. 😬

But in all seriousness.. stop and breathe. You are probably stressed. Stop. Unplug the OBDII port, turn the car off and leave it off for a while, restart your phone and come back to it in an hour and try again.

A clearer head will prevail. Hope you get it sorted.

OP
OP
Fridge Gnome

Fridge Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
R34 GTT, A91-MT
Haha, did it show through my post? I thought I was going to just check bimmercode out real quick last night.

I'm happy to report this will be a short thread though! Bimmercode support is extremely quick and was able to point me to my OBDLink as the issue while I had been suspecting a bad backup instead. They suggested replacing it, but after hard resetting the OBDLink and updating it to the latest firmware again, along with reinstalling bimmercode and importing the backups back in. I was able to get the ECU and BDC restored without issue.

I'm borrowing the OBDLink LX that had been used on Forscan(lol), so maybe that software did something to the adapter that caused it to not work well with Bimmercode?

Planning on waiting a minute before I try to code something again, but I think it is working fine now.
Sponsored