305/35r19 and 275/35r19 fitment?

Dowski12

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR 3.0 Premium
So, im looking to purchase a new set of wheels/tires this week and I had my heart set on a set of Apex SM10's in a 19' (9.5 et25 and 11et40) staggered setup with NT555R2 in 305/35r19 rears and NT555G2 in 275/35r19 fronts. Im keeping my car on stock suspension due to poor/hilly roads here in TN, which i figured would help accommodate the taller sidewall of these tires. I was informed by apex that these might be too tall and cause some rubbing, but I've seen others running this same setup on different wheels with no issue. Anyone have experience running this size tire that can help steer me in the right direction?
Sponsored

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I think you should be fine with that setup at stock height... might rub during full compression so I'd limit your Hazard County jumps. ;) As @Axix23 said, you'd have to measure to be sure... you'll have just under 1" more diameter, but only the 'top' half of that matters.

Since the wheels are the same offset as the stock rears (but 1" wider) you'll be splitting the difference there too so about .5" on each side. Looking at mine it seems like it should fit and not rub anywhere... but that's just with eyeballs and a flashlight. You're definitely pushing the limits and it might come down to a specific tire's design as to whether there will be some rubbing (or not) under load.

OP
OP

Dowski12

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Your front should have no issues. My concern would be the rear with the offset being +40 Your going to need to measure on the rear.
That was my concern as well. I wasn't nearly as worried with how tall the tire was as I was with the +40 offset and the wheel being 11" wide. I really like the look of the SM10's but I may end up going with something in a 10.5 et35. I think that would give me a little better clearance. I really appreciate the response.

OP
OP

Dowski12

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think you should be fine with that setup at stock height... might rub during full compression so I'd limit your Hazard County jumps. ;) As @Axix23 said, you'd have to measure to be sure... you'll have just under 1" more diameter, but only the 'top' half of that matters.

Since the wheels are the same offset as the stock rears (but 1" wider) you'll be splitting the difference there too so about .5" on each side. Looking at mine it seems like it should fit and not rub anywhere... but that's just with eyeballs and a flashlight. You're definitely pushing the limits and it might come down to a specific tire's design as to whether there will be some rubbing (or not) under load.
I really appreciate the reply. Part of me really wants to just pull the trigger on this setup and adjust with either spacers or suspension adjustments in the event its not a perfect fit. Although I really have no interest in chasing issue after issue to make it work if going with either a size smaller diameter tire, or a +35 offset wheel would make it work right out of the gate.

Im really looking to get as much contact patch as possible while trying to eliminate as much wheel gap as I can since I'm not planning on lowering the car. With all the research I've done on this wheel tire combo, I feel it will give me the performance/look I'm gong for. I just wish I could get a definitive answer on fitment before I make a final decision.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Travsam is running the exact same setup as you're looking for. 275 35/19 305 35/19
C3B2AA87-0902-401C-B554-65AAE06A8229.jpg

OP
OP

Dowski12

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Travsam is running the exact same setup as you're looking for. 275 35/19 305 35/19
C3B2AA87-0902-401C-B554-65AAE06A8229.jpg
Yup, his is actually what made me want to go with this setup. Although I believe his offsets are a little different. If I remember correctly, he's running et38 in the rears and et23 in the front, which gives him a little more clearance from the suspension then what im planning on running. This is exactly the look im going for though ?

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
So, im looking to purchase a new set of wheels/tires this week and I had my heart set on a set of Apex SM10's in a 19' (9.5 et25 and 11et40) staggered setup with NT555R2 in 305/35r19 rears and NT555G2 in 275/35r19 fronts. Im keeping my car on stock suspension due to poor/hilly roads here in TN, which i figured would help accommodate the taller sidewall of these tires. I was informed by apex that these might be too tall and cause some rubbing, but I've seen others running this same setup on different wheels with no issue. Anyone have experience running this size tire that can help steer me in the right direction?
How do you use your Supra? Do you go to meets and car shows only? Or do you actually push the car as intended?

This should help you decide. That setup would rub front and back if it were on my car.

-RJM

OP
OP

Dowski12

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How do you use your Supra? Do you go to meets and car shows only? Or do you actually push the car as intended?

This should help you decide. That setup would rub front and back if it were on my car.

-RJM
Mostly its just my daily. Fortunately for me, my daily commute includes some extremely whindy roads through the TN hills which I take full advantage of the supra's capabilities. Other than that, I have been known to visit Mexico every now in then when necessary. No track days yet, and not really planning on it.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Yup, his is actually what made me want to go with this setup. Although I believe his offsets are a little different. If I remember correctly, he's running et38 in the rears and et23 in the front, which gives him a little more clearance from the suspension then what im planning on running. This is exactly the look im going for though ?
2mm difference in each case (so almost nothing) since he's dropped and you'll be running stock I'd think you'd be fine. At the very worst case, the wheels will be just fine as many, many people run that setup - you might just have to "sacrifice" and go with slightly narrower tires. You could definitely run a 265/295 setup with PS4S rubber and still have far better traction than stock, great looks, and shouldn't have any rubbing issues at all.

For other setups and issues, check the Apex threads here or on their website.
Sponsored