370z - Supra

kenkensupra

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
I had a 2017 Sport in Silver which was not the best color.
Great engine and 6spd, but I do not miss the interior at all.
I did replaced the head unit with an aftermarket.
Oh ya, I hated the seats.
End up trading in for a TYPE R which was amazing.
Sponsored

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
It's funny because I've never had any interest in Z's, outside of a 300 and maybe a Datson Fairlady, and I've been quietly considering adding the 400 to the stable.
I will test it. I had a 2010 that was a good car overall. But it needed brakes early as the Sport Brakes were not that good and warped easily vs my M235i and other cars. I liked its rugged quality and 911-esqe flares in the back.

The new Z seems interesting but the front is a fail in terms of 240z homage styling. The rest is nice overall but it has a higher ride height and I think will weigh more than what most think. Nissan is cheap and without partner such as BMW for the Supra will have cut corners to bring a needed sportscar to market. I have no problem with cut corners given that all the world is truck or box SUV crazy. So nice to see the arrival of the Z.

A test will say if it drives well. Styling wise Im 50/50 on it. Ok from the sides. Not good at all in front ok in the back. A bit tall but its a GT and Nissan say so as well.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
I had a 2017 Sport in Silver which was not the best color.
Great engine and 6spd, but I do not miss the interior at all.
I did replaced the head unit with an aftermarket.
Oh ya, I hated the seats.
End up trading in for a TYPE R which was amazing.
They kept the 370Z alive but it was showing age terribly!

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
If there was no 3.0 Supra, I'd get one...in black, to hide that hideous front end. But I'll reserve final judgment until I've driven one, which I'd like to do anyway eventually.

I doubt it'll take up any sales from the 3.0 Supra, unless you're dying for the manual. But I bet the 2.0 model sales will get annihilated, especially at the price point. I feel like the new Z will bridge the gap between the 86 and the 3.0 Supra.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Yeah, if there was a Supra in 2009, I would not have gotten the 370z for sure. This is why I feel I made a very bad decision not getting the S2K instead..

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm probably the minority on this, but the only thing I liked about the S2K after 2 years of ownership was the steering.

It was my daily at the time and ended up buying a house, so I sold it and got an RSX Type-S for the hatch space. Much more useable daily torque and power and strangely smoother shifting 6-speed. :dunno:

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm probably the minority on this, but the only thing I liked about the S2K after 2 years of ownership was the steering.

It was my daily at the time and ended up buying a house, so I sold it and got an RSX Type-S for the hatch space. Much more useable daily torque and power and strangely smoother shifting 6-speed. :dunno:
The one benefit was the low end torque on the 370Z. But the Z sucked with its bouncy diarrhea diff bushings so didn't make much sense having that torque for any immediate bursts in acceleration in traffic as the car would jolt like a newb learning how to drive MT.. and trying to input any finess in the throttle was nearly impossible due to its long latency throttle response. The car was junk.. that is the memory I have of my 370Z to summit it up.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
https://rjmperformance.com/370z-g37/

^^^This greatly improved the driving experience for me though.

If the new Z is unchanged in that department, I hope they'll offer the same remedy.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh, then there was the CSC failures... and the steering lock and etc etc etc..

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Weird. I've never had ANY issues with my 370. And I bought it used. :dunno:

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Weird. I've never had ANY issues with my 370. And I bought it used. :dunno:
Thanks for virtually kicking me in the balls..

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LMAO Sorry - I'll buy you a beer!

I think I was just lucky with mine.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
No 370Z but I bought my wife a 350Z Touring 6sp many years back and we enjoyed the hell out of it. At the time I wanted an S2000 but she had been DDin'g an NB Miata and was over the convertible so the 350Z won. It was as great car, fun to drive, quick and torque'y enough though I wish it had the optional Brembos. My only real complaint was the seats were uncomfortable on long drives, and we did many road trips in it. I took to the drag strip once and ran 13.9 @ 102MPH completely stock down to the air filter and was quicker than all of the modded Z's that day. #drivermod

I eventually got an S2000 (and you'll have to pry the keys out of my cold, dead hands) and she's now driving a G37x. We're excited about the new Z and will be buying one; it should complement the Supra nicely. I am a bit worried the seats in the new Z will be as bad as the 350, though..

OP
OP
Heavy Foot

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
I think I'll put my wife in the new 400Z in about two years when the Range Rover lease is up. Her Range Rover was the first automatic transmission vehicle she's ever owned. She loves to drive a stick. We don't have kids, so a two seater will be just fine. Theres really not a lot of nice new manual transmission cars on the market. She hates American cars, and she said that only lesbians drive Subaru's, so I guess a 400Z is up next.
Sponsored