3rd gen G29 BMW Z4 (2019-202X)

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Early Z4’s reviews sound like the steering feels artificial, also that it’s not that fun to drive on open roads, as well as not so good engine sound. I hope this won’t be the case for Supra.
What do you mean by "early Z4 reviews?" Journalists have their hands on the production car already so any review of a pre-production car should be thrown out the window.

As for engine sound specifically, all euro spec cars have had said this since euro models have a particle filter in the exhaust for emission purposes
Sponsored

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
why does it matter what goes on behind closed doors when we can all see whether things are being released or not...ever since the partnership was announced back in 2012 or w/e, there have been zero concepts between BMW/Toyota featuring any hybrid tech, whereas Toyota has used a couple BMW diesels on the Avensis and RAV4 for just like 3 model years with 2018 being the last year before it all gets dropped...and on top of that Toyota has moved much further along in their partnerships with Subaru and Mazda, most notably providing Subaru with the Prius Prime PHEV system for the Crosstrek.. Seems like BMW was just wanting Toyota to pay up in order for them to share their stuff as opposed to sharing tech..
Only time will tell when it comes to this, it is not like their relationship ends on the Supra launch day
To me the hybrid/electrification trade from Toyota never made sense for BMW to acquire...Toyota has been behind in the battery/electric game for quite some time now and it is very difficult for me to see their PHEV/hybrid systems being used in BMWs when their ranges are very short and when BMW seems to be focused entirely on electrification. FCV maybe, but even that is a huge stretch considering hydrogen infrastructure is many years away before it isn't considered a complete joke...
BMW has released several hybrid vehicles over the last few years with many more on the way. Who is to say Toyota didn't consult on their development?
yes, they can claim without the partnership the Z4/Supra wouldn't happen all they want but we will never know if that was really the case especially since Toyota clearly has the balls & capital to pour into the upcoming GR Super Sport...at the end of the day they shared costs and if the Z4 is becoming notably more expensive than the previous generation that isn't looking good for the Supra...disappointing.
Being cost conscious is not the same as being cheap.
The Z4 is more expensive because it is moving up market, you can;t compare the Supra to Z4s of the past.
If you need a refresher on what all this supposed partnership was supposed to be:
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/glob...ion-by-signing-binding-agreements?language=en
It was all talk in my eyes especially when Toyota has moved much further along with other collabs..
We are talking about development with companies in different languages in different time zones, it is going to move slower than other Japanese collabs.
With that being said, there is no timetable to say what is supposed to be today vs the end of the agreement

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
The M340i debuts in LA at the end of this month with Euro version said to have 368-374hp while us versions will have 382hp. Why does the Euro Z4 only have 340hp? Why develop the integrated exhaust manifold to make 340hp when the traditional head makes more power while also meeting emissions standards when adding a 'simple' filter?

https://www.bmwblog.com/2018/11/13/world-premiere-2020-bmw-m340i-revealed-ahead-of-la-debut/
https://www.evo.co.uk/news/21943/bmw-m340i-xdrive-revealed-first-performance-version-of-new-3-series
https://performancedrive.com.au/2019-bmw-m340i-revealed-in-full-0-100km-h-in-4-4-seconds-1322/

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Thanks @2JZ-No-Sh*t !

I just sat in the G29 Zed4.

I have pictures of the interior and the engine(it was covered by the plastic top)

Where do i start....

The seating felt decent, it didn't hurt my back like the 2019 Camaro did, but if i had to provide an example of how it felt ,it would have to be that it felt like one of those executive office chairs

The infotainment system is easy to work with, there's also a decent amount of trunk space(could probably hold a couple 24 packs)
Price is 65K
And in case you're wondering...there are cup holders!

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Thanks @2JZ-No-Sh*t !

I just sat in the G29 Zed4.

I have pictures of the interior and the engine(it was covered by the plastic top)

Where do i start....

The seating felt decent, it didn't hurt my back like the 2019 Camaro did, but if i had to provide an example of how it felt ,it would have to be that it felt like one of those executive office chairs

The infotainment system is easy to work with, there's also a decent amount of trunk space(could probably hold a couple 24 packs)
Price is 65K
And in case you're wondering...there are cup holders!
:offtopic:

Last edited: