3rd gen G29 BMW Z4 (2019-202X)

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
I'm planning on being at Pebble Beach. Driving over to Monterey from Chicago (that'll be fun), so hopefully, I can get some good footage and details.
Please change your tires.... you've been on the same set since forever, I know Guff I know
Sponsored

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Please change your tires.... you've been on the same set since forever, I know Guff I know
Hey hey hey, I'm on fresh Conti ExtremeContacts! Also, I'll be driving 5000 miles round trip, and then I have a track day the day after I get back. These poor tires are really gonna see hell. I need to order some oil and brake fluid from Motul too, haven't done an oil change in 6500 miles of straight E85 driving... :)

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
lmao, but don't they have a dress code for Pebble Beach?
This is what their website says lol

The Concours is an outdoor event that takes place at one of America’s most beautiful locales, the famed 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links. Attire should be comfortable and convenient for walking and picnicking. Many people opt for resort casual clothing. We encourage a polished appearance, paired with the perfect hat! Temperatures are often cool in the morning and evening, and warm during the day, so layering is recommended.
I'm definitely not dressing up in those silly old-timey suits that all the geriatric millionaires seem to enjoy haha.

Last edited:

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Whats sad is the ones from the Camry look a hella lot better than most of BMW's offerings. The i8 being the exception. Those look really nice and sporty imo.

2015_bmw_i8_picture%20(25).jpg

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
More boxy as you call it. The ovoid shape of the E89 wouldn’t meet today’s regulatory field of vision requirements without exceeding the vehicle width limitations while extended. The “29’s” are very wide and have rather tall hips, which means the mirrors have to be on rather lengthy arms to begin with.
Not the answer I was hoping for, but thanks for replying. Last year someone else here did also mention the same thing about the quarter panel being the reason for the big mirrors.

SupraStew85

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1985 Supra (1jz vvti swap incoming) 2004 V8 4Runner
Well personally my "picnicking attire" consists of a floral wife beater and flip flops... I guess theres a reason I don't get invited to these things :p
Sponsored