3rd gen G29 BMW Z4 (2019-202X)

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
if it was my money I would still take a boxster over this z4..
I'd have to see it in person and drive it but I think I'd agree. Which one has to assume the same will be done when comparing the Supra and Cayman. At the end of the day one is a Porsche and the others a Toyota/BMW. The ones that can afford a Porsche will most likely end up with one over these 2 cars. Which is why pricing will be key.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
M40i starts at $64 K EUR while 718 Boxster S starts at $67 K EUR....not looking good for USD Supra prices..

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
M40i starts at $64 K EUR while 718 Boxster S starts at $67 K EUR....not looking good for USD Supra prices..
We have been that Tada said the US Supra will be around $55k, vs $69k for the Cayman S.

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
There are a lot of things that will effect the MSRP in the US. VAT, tariffs, manufacturing processes, sales/marketing (maybe loss leader) strategy... stuff like that.

However, having said that, I think that a pricepoint that starts in the $50K USD range (and ends around $65K with all the gravy ladled on top) is reasonable. Yet starting in the $60K region would be a non-starter for some. We can only wait to see how the market reacts

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
No way, will come down to layout preference. I'm not a fan of mid engined or rear engined cars. A true 50:50 FR car is much more predictable and fun to drive IMO.

They all have their pluses and minuses and if you haven’t driven a 911 I highly recommend it. I prefer mid engine or rear engine layout myself:thumbsup:

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
There are a lot of things that will effect the MSRP in the US. VAT, tariffs, manufacturing processes, sales/marketing (maybe loss leader) strategy... stuff like that.

However, having said that, I think that a pricepoint that starts in the $50K USD range (and ends around $65K with all the gravy ladled on top) is reasonable. Yet starting in the $60K region would be a non-starter for some. We can only wait to see how the market reacts
I get that but considering the Z4 became even more expensive despite this being a cost savings project is a little concerning.

sedanlova

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk4 twins
I get that but considering the Z4 became even more expensive despite this being a cost savings project is a little concerning.
BMW is milking it. It's not about how much it can be fairly sold but how much profit they could extract.

Hopefully, Toyota doesn't follow the same wrong path as BMW. Tada already said they want the Supra to be affordable...main reason they joint BMW for this venture.

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
BMW is milking it. It's not about how much it can be fairly sold but how much profit they could extract.

Hopefully, Toyota doesn't follow the same wrong path as BMW. Tada already said they want the Supra to be affordable...main reason they joint BMW for this venture.
Toyota and BMW have radically different business models. About 60% of all new BMW's will be leased, as opposed to 20% for Toyota. They price them accordingly. BMW knows that a person leasing a car really doesn't care what the MSRP is as long as the payments are right. Since Toyota plans on actually selling Supras to people... we'll see.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete

affordable is relative
Sponsored