A bit disappointed in Toyota

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Haha okay. People aren't allowed to make mistakes. So when someone gives incorrect info it automatically means they are making things up. Get off your high horse. It's a forum it ain't that serious.
You’re right, it isn’t that serious, hence my winky face emoji you missed. 😎
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Sounds like something a Corolla owner would say...
In addition they have to explain themselves they have the high performance Corolla and the rest of the world looks at them like WTF is a high performance Corolla... :crazy: ..then have to explain why the price they paid for a WTF high performance Corolla is justified.

In contrast, life is pretty good over here.. fake vents and fake window shutters and all. :dunno:

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Hello OP. Allow me to put you at ease regarding fake vents for a halo car. Behold the Audi R8. It has fake vents. And it's fantastic, looks great, the V10 kicks you in the back, and would daily it.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Hello OP. Allow me to put you at ease regarding fake vents for a halo car. Behold the Audi R8. It has fake vents. And it's fantastic, looks great, the V10 kicks you in the back, and would daily it.
But who cares about the V10 it has fake vents. Immediately no.

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
But who cares a about the V10 it has fake vents. Immediately no.
Wow 😮 Didn’t know that! I personally am not a fan of fake vents. And it’s shocking that they are on other cars… Reminds me of Kim Kardashian. Looks good but all pumped up and full of silicone. Butt to each their own 😜

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
In addition they have to explain themselves they have the high performance Corolla and the rest of the world looks at them like WTF is a high performance Corolla... :crazy: ..then have to explain why the price they paid for a WTF high performance Corolla is justified.

In contrast, life is pretty good over here.. fake vents and fake window shutters and all. :dunno:
We live in a time where when you say high performance Corolla, people think of Initial D (AE86) as being the pinnacle of the high performance Corolla. I remember a time when the GT Apex Edition AE86 was selling for $2000 and other AE86's were easily found in the $1000 range. Then Initial D got popular in the states and now people are spending $20k for an AE86.

Also, did anyone forget the Corolla XRS? The other high performance Corolla? The GR Corolla (i refuse to say GRC) is the most high performance Corolla there is and all other pale in comparison to it. Just wait for Initial D 10th stage to come out and the hero car to be the GR Corolla drifting in the Mountains of China. Then people will pay $100k for a GR Corolla as long as they don't dilute it.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Okay okay, so they will say they drive the most high performance Corolla. Sounds no less retarded. :crazy:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.

Okay okay, so they will say they drive the most high performance Corolla. Sounds no less retarded. :crazy:
You could say the same thing about the Mitsubishi Evolutions and they have more than proven their worth over a "base lancer".

This whole snotty speak is really boring, but not surprising coming from you.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
i'd love to entertain this. god forbid you participate in a track event and you encounter a better driver in a Civic or Corolla

1678994888476.png
1678994689786.png
1678994674870.png

yes, performance trims exist.. and they are far from disappointing.

The FK8 Civic has a faster time than the A90 Supra at the Nurburgring

owning an Impreza and Golf, man, you should have a much different perspective.. and attitude

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
You could say the same thing about the Mitsubishi Evolutions and they have more than proven their worth over a "base lancer".

This whole snotty speak is really boring, but not surprising coming from you.
I got a notification that I was quoted. Now i'm sad.

Though it is funny to think of all the econobox cars that had a legendary trim.... Lance Evolution, Imprezza WRX/STI, GR Corolla, GR Yaris, Mazdaspeed 3/6, Mazdaspeed Protege, Mazda 323 GTX, do I dare say.. Nissan Skyline GTR, Nismo Juke.. Get a decent platform, beef it up a little, spend less on R&D, materials and etc and then you got yourself a cult classic.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I got a notification that I was quoted. Now i'm sad.

Though it is funny to think of all the econobox cars that had a legendary trim.... Lance Evolution, Imprezza WRX/STI, GR Corolla, GR Yaris, Mazdaspeed 3/6, Mazdaspeed Protege, Mazda 323 GTX, do I dare say.. Nissan Skyline GTR, Nismo Juke.. Get a decent platform, beef it up a little, spend less on R&D, materials and etc and then you got yourself a cult classic.
Yea, I quoted the wrong person at first, then edited. ;)

1000% agree with your above statement. One thing to note in that list is the GR Yaris. It's actually not based on the Econo Yaris at all. It's a full one off chassis that doesn't share anything with the normal Yaris.

somekindafuzz

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
What I’m seeing from the lap time chart is I need lighter seats, an antigravity battery, carbon fiber everything, and to lose 30lbs. That’s what that shows, right?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i'd love to entertain this. god forbid you participate in a track event and you encounter a better driver in a Civic or Corolla

yes, performance trims exist.. and they are far from disappointing.

The FK8 Civic has a faster time than the A90 Supra at the Nurburgring

owning an Impreza and Golf, man, you should have a much different perspective.. and attitude
Not sure why you Supra folks are getting your underwears all tangled up as I was only saying getting disappointed at fake vents on a Supra has far less impact than driving a "ultimate high performance" Corolla no regular person would give a shit about. I don't care about the fake vents or whether my window shutters are fake.

I think you're reading it wrong or just having a bad life. :dunno:

damnsupra

First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra, s15, r34 gtr. gr corolla :]
wait until you see how toxic the gr corolla forums are, everyone acts like they know everything and fight you for everything, budget sports cars bring out the worst car people lmao

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
wait until you see how toxic the gr corolla forums are, everyone acts like they know everything and fight you for everything, budget sports cars bring out the worst car people lmao
Yikes.. glad I'm not like that. I know NASIOC was like that too.. bunch of low self esteem kids with no money fighting their own evils. It was sad to watch.
Sponsored