A91-MT Red Supra badge P/N?

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
The red badge is tied to the A91-MT the premium and base pics I’ve seen didn’t have the red either.

5363DED4-527C-466B-840D-A19C377FBDAA.gif
In Australia we have access to all the interior and exterior colours in "base" and "premium" guises. Also, I believe the red badges are standard on all manual Supras in Europe.

The whole exclusivity thing is just the US marketing department squeezing out a few more dollars for what the rest of the world gets for free. 😅

I don’t understand why the Australian market doesn’t get the red badge for MT as well. Who makes these bloody decisions?
I'm still trying to hunt an original red Supra badge. If you find a US or European source let me know!
Sponsored

dannypriest

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra MK5
In Australia we have access to all the interior and exterior colours in "base" and "premium" guises. Also, I believe the red badges are standard on all manual Supras in Europe.

The whole exclusivity thing is just the US marketing department squeezing out a few more dollars for what the rest of the world gets for free. 😅

I'm still trying to hunt an original red Supra badge. If you find a US or European source let me know!
exactly, when I saw the EU specs, I was quietly happy and hopeful that we would get the red badging as well.

I’m definitely on the hunt, no luck so far, but will post anything I come across mate.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
exactly, when I saw the EU specs, I was quietly happy and hopeful that we would get the red badging as well.

I’m definitely on the hunt, no luck so far, but will post anything I come across mate.
You're a star. The Aliexpress one isn't terrible (still think it looks a bit orange in real life) but in any case I figure on a $100kAUD car, I should probably buy OEM if I can. 😂

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF

Yea just like the bump in HP & TQ was just to please US buyers. US is where they make the most money so they cater to US buyers for the money (and I think us Americans are very selective). Seems like other countries embrace the vehicles as they are for the more and aren’t as demanding for variety to keep buying next years models. I guess I don’t blame them but it seems like it would still be cheaper to share trims across regions just like the door cards both have the trunk release cut and cap so they can be used for both right and left hand drive models. I can’t imagine carrying more variations of parts saves them money in any way. The world may never know and we may never quite understand. I think it’s because the people designing them aren’t the target audience.

I’ll keep my eye out for an original badge, I saw someone selling theirs a few month back because they de-badged their car.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Seems like other countries embrace the vehicles as they are for the more and aren’t as demanding for variety to keep buying next years models.
Yeah. I think it's just that our market is so small that it is not economically viable to create an even rarer model in what is an already rare product line. Another oddity is that Alcantara seats are a cost option only on our premium (GTS) model.. which is probably the only good reason to spend the extra $10k AUD over the base (GT) model, FYI.

I’ll keep my eye out for an original badge, I saw someone selling theirs a few month back because they de-badged their car.
Thanks man!

Checked earlier today, they’ve added the GR86 under 2023 but still no Supra.
Thanks for looking again. Appreciate the help from you guys in the US!

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Another oddity is that Alcantara seats are a cost option only on our premium (GTS) model.. which is probably the only good reason to spend the extra $10k AUD over the base (GT) model, FYI.
The Alcantara seats are uncommon and only on a very few trims in the US, which is a shame. The all leather seats pale in comparison in my opinion. They simply look and feel of a higher fit and finish and glad I have them in my Supras.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
The Alcantara seats are uncommon and only on a very few trims in the US, which is a shame. The all leather seats pale in comparison in my opinion. They simply look and feel of a higher fit and finish and glad I have them in my Supras.
Yeah, I agree. I think the Alcantara adds some texture to the otherwise plain seats. I ordered the higher spec mainly so that I could option the Alcantara seats.

6mtsoup

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
Quoted $125/p with several in stock at the warehouse from my local Toyota dealer
Sponsored