danko

First Name
Wilbur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra GR A91 - refraction blue
I’ll take a few photos of the piece.
I know it’s ABS Bc the auto body shop owner who was tasked with this most certainly said “this is just pos ABS plastic.”
Sponsored

Attachments

danko

First Name
Wilbur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That photo of a spec sheet is just further proof that Toyota was advertising the equipment as a “carbon fiber spoiler”

danko

First Name
Wilbur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I took delivery of my A91 edition last week without the rear spoiler. One of my favorite parts of the car was the CF spoiler and it sucks having to wait so long for it. I did not realize that it was painted black - that is a huge bummer because the CF being exposed goes so well with the mirrors.

My dealer told me mine did come with the spoiler and that it would be installed whenever it arrived. I am thinking about purchasing another lip spoiler that is exposed CF.
I’m looking at the rear spoiler that Toyota supplied me for my A91. It’s NOT carbon fiber. It’s clearly ABS plastic (unpainted)

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
$1200 for that? Oh hell to the no...not worth it.

-RJM

George

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 Integra Type R (sold)
Geez, first the issue of failing to mention there was no HUD with the A91 then this. Not sure why they’re going out of their way to not be transparent. Hardly anyone would have cared if they were up front about it.

danko

First Name
Wilbur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Geez, first the issue of failing to mention there was no HUD with the A91 then this. Not sure why they’re going out of their way to not be transparent. Hardly anyone would have cared if they were up front about it.
hahaha yeah trust me toyota isn’t being upfront about this Bc as I was told “Toyota doesn’t have an official position”

as for the HUD - I test drove the Launch Edition - which had HUD - I commented how much I liked it - I promptly ordered my A91 - the first day it arrived - first thing I noticed when I sat in the drivers seat and fired it up - no HUD?!? I asked the salesman what’s up - he acted like he didn’t even know and then proceeded with line after line of salesman back peddling

danko

First Name
Wilbur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Go with carbon fiber- matches the mirrors
Loooks sick!!
what brand/maker is that lip/spoiler ?

I see a lot out on the market but I’m hesitant about which one has good fitment.
My latest thought is to have my friend who works in carbon fiber - do a carbon fiber overlay on this Toyota ABS piece. Afterall I’m not concerned with the weight so much as wanting the carbon fiber to match with the mirrors AND I gotta admit I like the shape of the Toyota lip/spoiler more than some of the after market shapes.

danko

First Name
Wilbur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If this is true.

A lawsuit can definitely happen.

Is it possible the early ones were carbon fiber and the newer ones are not?
I was told from Toyota “they were never carbon fiber - it was only on the photo/media released car that had CF”

well then - why the hell would they release Toyota approved photos of it as well as list it as being CF on the price sheet in the car window.
I’m not an attorney but it sure seems one should look into this.

redspencer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD
I was told from Toyota “they were never carbon fiber - it was only on the photo/media released car that had CF”

well then - why the hell would they release Toyota approved photos of it as well as list it as being CF on the price sheet in the car window.
I’m not an attorney but it sure seems one should look into this.
The current 2021MY Supra brochure still shows the rear spoiler as carbon fiber.
20210324_112527.jpg

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Loooks sick!!
what brand/maker is that lip/spoiler ?

I see a lot out on the market but I’m hesitant about which one has good fitment.
My latest thought is to have my friend who works in carbon fiber - do a carbon fiber overlay on this Toyota ABS piece. Afterall I’m not concerned with the weight so much as wanting the carbon fiber to match with the mirrors AND I gotta admit I like the shape of the Toyota lip/spoiler more than some of the after market shapes.
Shifterz.ca and rexspeed (version 4) have a CF replica of the A91 spoiler.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/a91-replica-spoiler.6962/

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
does the fact that the dealer delayed the A91 spoiler and *should* have not charged you for the spoiler change the facts for your lawsuit? I'm unsure of the official options given to purchasers by corporate for the spoiler delay, but I'm sure some shady dealers didn't give the spoiler credit for those that didn't ask for it.

Just food for thought.
Sponsored