A91 Spoiler on 7 month Back order?????

860supra

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Refraction blue a91 supra, 2015 Bmw 550xi m sport
Ok so I got my A91 last week and was expecting my duckbill spoiler and I didnā€™t get it. So I contacted them and they said they are on backorder.....then yesterday I was told that I didnā€™t order it, but no where on the Toyota website does it give you the option to add it on what did you do to get yours?

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so I got my A91 last week and was expecting my duckbill spoiler and I didnā€™t get it. So I contacted them and they said they are on backorder.....then yesterday I was told that I didnā€™t order it, but no where on the Toyota website does it give you the option to add it on what did you do to get yours?
Search, thereā€™s a huge thread about this already.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
I didn't know this, but due to the shortage they took the pricing of the spoiler off of the MSRP.

Rob_Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra Refraction Blue
^Oh hey, that is my video :)

Attached are two window stickers for two A91's that were for sale in my area (I bought the one without the mark-up)

You can see how they removed the spoiler from the product listing.

Attachments

danko

First Name
Wilbur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra GR A91 - refraction blue
Okay. So. I can shed light in this.
I currently own a refraction blue 2021 A91.
i live in bellingham wa.
it was delivered to me without the lip/spoiler. After receiving my ownership paperwork in the mail with all of the media booklets that come with the car and in every photo it had the lip/spoiler. I began investigating and I found on several very notable automotive websites photos provided by Toyota of the A91 in ā€˜refraction blueā€™ stating it would come with a carbon fiber lip lI contacted the Bellevue WA Toyota dealership about getting me the lip. I can provide links to those sites if asked.
Hereā€™s where I currently am at:

Michaelā€™s toyota of Bellevue acquired a Toyota manufactured lip/spoiler for me.
They shipped it to my local Toyota dealership which took long one look at the part and decided it was beyond their ability without having an in-house body shop.
It was then negotiated via Toyota corporate and Michaels of Toyota of Bellevue who sold me the car that they would cover the cost of the lip/spoiler to be painted because itā€™s currently unpainted into then be installed.
I want to point out one thing and this is a major note Toyota advertised the car with a carbon fiber lip/spoiler. However at this point Toyota is not able to deliver on their advertised carbon fiber lip/spoiler and instead is supplying customers like myself with a unpainted ABS plastic piece.
Upon talking with the body shop who has been tasked with installing this ABS plastic POS we have determined that a carbon fiber lip/spoiler would be best suited aesthetically as well as integrity. Based on Michael of Bellevue Toyotaā€˜s request I got them a quote for what it would cost to have the ABS lip/spoiler painted and installed the bid came to nearly $900. Hi countered with saying I do not want the ABS plastic lip/spoiler and that I was willing to purchase a very high-end carbon fiber lip/spoiler and I was requesting that they Cover the cost of installation no more no less and in fact the cost of installation for the carbon fiber piece would be several hundred dollars less than the cost of painting and installing the ABS piece.
Where I stand right now - iā€™ve spent the better part of the morning arguing with Michaelā€™s of Toyota Bellevue regarding them covering the cost of a carbon fiber lip to be installed. They are doing their best to 100% deny any sort of responsibility and also denying the fact that the car was advertised with a carbon fiber clip/spoiler yet customers were never notified that it would then be actually an ABS piece.
Iā€™m just shaking my freaking head.
The only option Iā€™ve been given is to either allow the ABS piece to be installed which requires drilling and significant impact on the vehicle which Toyota will pay for the ABS piece however they are fighting me tooth and nail over getting what I actually want and excuse me for saying itā€™s what was originally advertised and Iā€™m not sure most people realize the lip the Toyota is giving out itā€™s not carbon fiber

end.

danko

First Name
Wilbur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I thought so too, especially since the mirror caps are exposed CF. I'm going to see if I can get the spoiler exposed as well when the time comes.
Itā€™s not carbon fiber. Toyota is supplying an ABS piece. Smh

danko

First Name
Wilbur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So who is driving their new A91 without a spoiler? ....I'M NOT!
Well, I just got a call from the selling dealership that my A91 is hitting port. But, he tells me the back spoiler will be a 7 month wait. He said it's coming from a different supplier and because of pandemic, it's on a 7 month back order.
He gave me two options 1. Take delivery of the car without the spoiler or 2. Wait till spoiler comes in before I pick the car up. If I choose number 2, it stays at port though. In that case how many bumps and bruises will it get.
Tell you what - driving a refraction blue without a spoiler doesn't sit well for me. Chose option 1 and I guess it's going into storage till spring. No winter time A91 driving in the east coast for me.
Anyone else hearing this???????

spoiler.jpg
Read my reply below.
Itā€™s fkn stupid. They advertised with a CF but are shipping a pos ABS piece

danko

First Name
Wilbur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So despite advertising it being painted carbon fiber (even listing that on the window sticker), they are actually delivering an ABS piece and valuing it at what, $1200???? Wow, I'd be pissed
YUP. IM FREAKING HOT RN!

danko

First Name
Wilbur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No problem man. I get this is super frustrating dealing with delays due to COVID, and now a shortage of CF spoilers? Weird.
They arenā€™t CF. Toyota is supplying A91 customers, such as myself, who have pushed for answer, with a pos ABS plastic piece. Itā€™s pathetic.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Ditch the OEM ABS wing and get a CF aftermarket. Then use the $800 saved and add other cool mods.

I get it with the all OEM theme but why if its just cheap ABS plastic. You can pick one up years later when they are on eBay for a fraction of the cost. I couldnt justify drilling into a brand-new car for a cheap-o wing.

-RJM

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
If that's true, I see law suit coming by A91 owners. even Window Sticker indicates that it is painted carbon fiber. perhaps it's CF similar to 3d printer filament?

However, when I tabbed the wing that was on A91 at the dealership, it felt harder than ABS. It was sunny outside at about 90 degree temperature if not more. Definitely felt harder than ABS used for trims. you know.. when you tab the ABS, it usually makes "tung, tung" or "tuk, tuk" sound where harder material such as CF will make higher pitch like "ting, ting" or "tik, tik"?

you should also state why you think it's ABS. perhaps cross section when you split it or photo or etc.

danko

First Name
Wilbur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If that's true, I see law suit coming by A91 owners. even Window Sticker indicates that it is painted carbon fiber. perhaps it's CF similar to 3d printer filament?

However, when I tabbed the wing that was on A91 at the dealership, it felt harder than ABS. It was sunny outside at about 90 degree temperature if not more. Definitely felt harder than ABS used for trims. you know.. when you tab the ABS, it usually makes "tung, tung" or "tuk, tuk" sound where harder material such as CF will make higher pitch like "ting, ting" or "tik, tik"?

you should also state why you think it's ABS. perhaps cross section when you split it or photo or etc.
Iā€™ll take a few photos of the piece.
I know itā€™s ABS Bc the auto body shop owner who was tasked with this most certainly said ā€œthis is just pos ABS plastic.ā€
Sponsored