• ā›”ļø EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ā›”ļø 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Sold: A91 Tuning

NocturnalA91

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
  • Banned
Removed
Sponsored

Last edited:

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
I have read on the FB groups there are a few 6/1/2020 ECU that were able to be unlocked since they had the older encryption, but most likely if your date is 6/1 its probably locked and Jb4 is going to be your best option.

Also.. Why the heck do you guys like posting questions in the marketplace?

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
I recently met someone with a later ECU date that was locked and he claimed to have sent it to California to be unlocked and was then able to get tuned. Is this possible and does ECU date not actually matter?

I regret selling my JB4 and want to get it tuned ASAP. If not possible, is JB4 our best option?
Are you sure it was a 2021 with an ECU date after 6/1/2020? There are two different "locks" that people refer to, maybe he was confused?

1) Early 2020 models are completely unlocked and can be tuned simply.

2) Later 2020 models and early 2021 models have a "soft lock" that requires a bench unlock to clear. This also applies to cars in the #1 category that have taken their car in for service and the dealership updates the ECU.

3) Later 2021 models (June 2020 and later ECU manufacture dates) have a much more sophisticated lock that so far has not been broken.

He might have been confused was talking about #2 while you were talking about #3.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Are you sure it was a 2021 with an ECU date after 6/1/2020? There are two different "locks" that people refer to, maybe he was confused?

1) Early 2020 models are completely unlocked and can be tuned simply.

2) Later 2020 models and early 2021 models have a "soft lock" that requires a bench unlock to clear. This also applies to cars in the #1 category that have taken their car in for service and the dealership updates the ECU.

3) Later 2021 models (June 2020 and later ECU manufacture dates) have a much more sophisticated lock that so far has not been broken.

He might have been confused was talking about #2 while you were talking about #3.
Youā€™re right people often get confused between the DME Software lock and the Bosch Hardware lock.

The early 2020 Supras didn't have the DME software lock and you could tune at will. Unless you took in for service and the dealership gracefully locked it for you. :D

The later 2020 and early 2021 Supras came with the DME Software lock and required a DME Bench unlock before tuning. :)

The later 2021 Supras came with the dreaded Bosch Hardware lock (cutoff date 5/31/2020). This is the one everyone is complaining about. The only option for these guys is a JB4 piggy back system. :mad:

-RJM

OP
OP
NocturnalA91

NocturnalA91

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
  • Banned
I have read on the FB groups there are a few 6/1/2020 ECU that were able to be unlocked since they had the older encryption, but most likely if your date is 6/1 its probably locked and Jb4 is going to be your best option.

Also.. Why the heck do you guys like posting questions in the marketplace?
My bad I didnā€™t even realize that until now. I mostly use the marketplace when Iā€™m on here.