Add resonator from US models to stop drone?

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
I'm running a Remus race rear muffler (which is pretty much straight through in open mode), OPF delete och a 200 cell wagner catalytic converter. So pretty much straight pipe it open mode (except that the catalytic converter has 200 cells).

It sounds awesome but its definitely a bit on the droney side, especially with the valve open. This creates rattles and other stuff sometimes, since the Supra interior is pretty plasticky.
I could add a resonator in the middle where the OPF was (or where the US models has its resonator) but then I have to make a custom one that fits there where the Y pipe is.

Could I possibly try to find a US muffler from here which I know fit, and add that? You guys that have removed it, do you still have it?

Obviously i want to keep my volume as much as possible but lower the drone. Or do you guys have any other idea?

And yes, I know i should just buy a new catback that handles the drone better, but that's the pricey solution. 😁
Sponsored

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
Cheap solution could be to install a universal resonator that just clamps in place, you will need to cut the existing pipes for it to slot in without lengthening the system.

OP
OP
Tri5tate

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Cheap solution could be to install a universal resonator that just clamps in place, you will need to cut the existing pipes for it to slot in without lengthening the system.
Yeah that might be a solution. Thanks for the tip!
Sponsored