After a 15 month wait I finally got my Strat-MT! -NYC

PRMANManman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Stratosphere MT Premium 3.0 Supra
Long time lurker first time poster. I’ve been following the forum since it started several years ago. I’ve test driven a 2020 downshift Blue Supra with the intention of buying one but in the end I decided to buy a house first and had to put my dream car on hold for a few years. I finally felt comfortable enough to put a deposit down on a Strat MT on the day the MT allocation came out last April. I’ve been on a list waiting for 15 months! The dealer I was originally on only received a yellow one in that time so I wasn’t hopeful of getting what I wanted. Last weekend after being teased about not having my car from my buddy I downloaded the inventory spreadsheet available on this forum and because of it I was able to find a Blue Supra in Albany, NY on the second day of using it! So thank you so much to the community for helping me out.

I unfortunately paid $2k over sticker however, the deal was done the same day it was announced that the ‘24 model years were increasing by $2k so I just bit the bullet and got the deal done.

The car came with 1,500 miles as it was a Toyota “event car”. My guess is it was a press car because how else can it have that many miles on it? Either way it came with new tires and no scratches or chips in the paint. While waiting for this car I was always worried about buyers remorse but I can safely say that I don’t feel that at all. I’ve never been so happy with a car purchase before. The car is insanely fast and it sounds great. I love the pops the exhaust makes. Would have been awesome if it made more but I’m happy enough with it.

I gave it its first wash after 300+ miles in 3 days. Already ran into “Goodsoup_bruh” while stuck in traffic on the Jackie Robinson while he was in his crazy Miata. Will be linking up with Kmj442/Molass3s over the next few weeks to check out his silver beauty.

IMG_6378.jpeg

IMG_6359.jpeg

IMG_6361.jpeg

IMG_6358.jpeg

71086202988__3E068B7E-9508-4F8C-9C22-8BB9824DACA4.jpeg
Sponsored

MSport

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
Congrats on the new ride homie. The only thing I go back and forth on is if I should have got the AT vs MT but my goals aren’t the fastest 1/4 mile so I’m happy I went MT. I’m sure you love it and the change in gear ratios feels great. I worked for Toyota up until about 6 months ago and I’ve driven the heck out of both, I think u made a good decision.

VeroBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 Supra Manual Strat Blue
Welcome.

Musa_Hanzo

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Rockville, MD I Seoul, S. Korea I Yokohama, Japan
Car(s)
Toyota I Honda I Porsche
Congrats! Looks stunning

AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR
Long time lurker first time poster. I’ve been following the forum since it started several years ago. I’ve test driven a 2020 downshift Blue Supra with the intention of buying one but in the end I decided to buy a house first and had to put my dream car on hold for a few years. I finally felt comfortable enough to put a deposit down on a Strat MT on the day the MT allocation came out last April. I’ve been on a list waiting for 15 months! The dealer I was originally on only received a yellow one in that time so I wasn’t hopeful of getting what I wanted. Last weekend after being teased about not having my car from my buddy I downloaded the inventory spreadsheet available on this forum and because of it I was able to find a Blue Supra in Albany, NY on the second day of using it! So thank you so much to the community for helping me out.

I unfortunately paid $2k over sticker however, the deal was done the same day it was announced that the ‘24 model years were increasing by $2k so I just bit the bullet and got the deal done.

The car came with 1,500 miles as it was a Toyota “event car”. My guess is it was a press car because how else can it have that many miles on it? Either way it came with new tires and no scratches or chips in the paint. While waiting for this car I was always worried about buyers remorse but I can safely say that I don’t feel that at all. I’ve never been so happy with a car purchase before. The car is insanely fast and it sounds great. I love the pops the exhaust makes. Would have been awesome if it made more but I’m happy enough with it.

I gave it its first wash after 300+ miles in 3 days. Already ran into “Goodsoup_bruh” while stuck in traffic on the Jackie Robinson while he was in his crazy Miata. Will be linking up with Kmj442/Molass3s over the next few weeks to check out his silver beauty.

IMG_6378.jpeg

IMG_6359.jpeg

IMG_6361.jpeg

IMG_6358.jpeg

71086202988__3E068B7E-9508-4F8C-9C22-8BB9824DACA4.jpeg
So you got a used Supra for $2K over sticker. I would not call this a deal of the century. Though if you like it - that probably worth it for you.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
So you got a used Supra for $2K over sticker. I would not call this a deal of the century. Though if you like it - that probably worth it for you.
As long as it wasn't titled before it still counts as new, and as an "event car" it should NOT have been one of the test mules for the press to actually drive. Those have way more miles on them. This was probably a rep's car for the local region, and they personally drove it to a few events and it was on display. My dealer had a 2022 3.0P in Nitro Yellow that had this exact backstory. Car was in perfect condition with about 2,100 miles on the clock. It was driven to a handful or events by a female Chicago Region TMS representative. These reps are literally handed the keys to a new car every couple weeks, and Toyota just randomly picks models to send them.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Congratulations! Great car. The downshift blue looks amazing in the photos.
It's not Downshift Blue, that was 2020 only. This is Stratosphere Blue.

OP
OP
PRMANManman

PRMANManman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As long as it wasn't titled before it still counts as new, and as an "event car" it should NOT have been one of the test mules for the press to actually drive. Those have way more miles on them. This was probably a rep's car for the local region, and they personally drove it to a few events and it was on display. My dealer had a 2022 3.0P in Nitro Yellow that had this exact backstory. Car was in perfect condition with about 2,100 miles on the clock. It was driven to a handful or events by a female Chicago Region TMS representative. These reps are literally handed the keys to a new car every couple weeks, and Toyota just randomly picks models to send them.
Yea it wasn’t titled before so it is new. Thank you for the insight. I wasn’t given any other details from the dealer.

and big thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
Bro you drive that thing into Manhattan everyday?

That's crazy.

Congrats, Strat was my first choice.

OP
OP
PRMANManman

PRMANManman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bro you drive that thing into Manhattan everyday?

That's crazy.

Congrats, Strat was my first choice.
No, I live in the financial district but I keep it stored away in my parents driveway in queens. To park in my building would cost as much as the car payment so I definitely don’t mind taking a 45 min subway to grab it for weekends and my monthly trip down to Maryland.

And thanks, yea I love the color and definitely didn’t mind the wait to get what I wanted.