• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Another tire thread??‍♂️

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I’m wanting to get a tire with some serious grip but one that won’t kill me if I get caught out while it’s raining. I’ve pretty much narrowed it down to the nitro 555RII. Guess the question is size. I’m torn between 305/30 or a 315/30. They are both within limits of the stock size. I’m mostly worried or wanting drag strip or street strip ? traction. Straight line. Any thoughts. They both say a wheel needs to be 10.5 and ours are 10 but I can’t imagine .5 would really matter. Any advance or experience with either of these sizes. Appreciate ya’ll.

this is what I’m looking at as alternative sizes.

78094C2B-CC64-4F7F-9DCE-6B9C1622899B.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
I’m wanting to get a tire with some serious grip but one that won’t kill me if I get caught out while it’s raining. I’ve pretty much narrowed it down to the nitro 555RII. Guess the question is size. I’m torn between 305/30 or a 315/35. They are both within limits of the stock size. I’m mostly worried or wanting drag strip or street strip ? traction. Straight line. Any thoughts. They both say a wheel needs to be 10.5 and ours are 10 but I can’t imagine .5 would really matter. Any advance or experience with either of these sizes. Appreciate ya’ll.
I have a 295/35 on stock wheels and I personally think a 295 is to big for the stock wheels...the tire side wall over hangs the rim a little to much for my taste...
I couldn't imagine a 305 or 315 fitting/looking right on stock wheels...way to much sidewall over the rim..IMO?

I also think a 35 series tire in a 295 looks to ballony..I should've went with a 30 series...
But you are wanting for that drag tire look so it may work for you...

Good luck..

Steve

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I have a 295/35 on stock wheels and I personally think a 295 is to big for the stock wheels...the tire side wall over hangs the rim a little to much for my taste...
I couldn't imagine a 305 or 315 fitting/looking right on stock wheels...way to much sidewall over the rim..IMO?

I also think a 35 series tire in a 295 looks to ballony..I should've went with a 30 series...
But you are wanting for that drag tire look so it may work for you...

Good luck..

Steve
Can you send me a pic so I can see what your talking about? I am wanting more side wall so that they will hook better. I’d like to see it though. I was looking at that size as well. Which tire did you go with? How’s traction?

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can you send me a pic so I can see what your talking about? I am wanting more side wall so that they will hook better. I’d like to see it though. I was looking at that size as well. Which tire did you go with? How’s traction?
Sorry not the greatest pics..but you can see the sidewall over hang the rim...and the tire is to bubbly for what I like...
I stayed with Michelin pilot sports..
Grip is better then the 275 but still likes to spin in first n second before hooking...

Steve

Attachments

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Sorry not the greatest pics..but you can see the sidewall over hang the rim...and the tire is to bubbly for what I like...
I stayed with Michelin pilot sports..
Grip is better then the 275 but still likes to spin in first n second before hooking...

Steve
Okay I don’t mind that at all. Yeah I have the JB4 w/EWG and running E30, downpipe and intake. No traction at all thanks man.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Okay I don’t mind that at all. Yeah I have the JB4 w/EWG and running E30, downpipe and intake. No traction at all thanks man.
You're welcome..
Definitely personal preference..
I wish you luck in finding a tire/size to hold the power your putting down..

Steve

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
305 and 315 are most definitely NOT within the limits of a 10 inch wheel. You'll be muffin topping like crazy. And a 315/35 will be way off OEM circumference.

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
305 and 315 are most definitely NOT within the limits of a 10 inch wheel. You'll be muffin topping like crazy. And a 315/35 will be way off OEM circumference.
Did you see the chart I posted. It’s not way off at all. Just a lot wider. Diameters are almost exactly the same. ??‍♂ Muffin topped maybe. I read a lot of people running both but haven’t see what they look like. Honestly the look doesn’t matter to me as much as function. Like is it safe and how much better will the traction be yada yada.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did you see the chart I posted. It’s not way off at all. Just a lot wider. Diameters are almost exactly the same. ??‍♂ Muffin topped maybe. I read a lot of people running both but haven’t see what they look like. Honestly the look doesn’t matter to me as much as function. Like is it safe and how much better will the traction be yada yada.
Diameters are almost the same..... it's only over an inch off :rofl:

You need an 11,5 inch wheel for a 315.
Screenshot_20210519-224222_Samsung Internet.jpg

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
315/
Diameters are almost the same..... it's only over an inch off :rofl:

You need an 11,5 inch wheel for a 315.
Screenshot_20210519-224222_Samsung Internet.jpg
315/30 not 35 I wrote it wrong the first time I changed it. 315/30 though is what I’m looking at.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
315/

315/30 not 35 I wrote it wrong the first time I changed it. 315/30 though is what I’m looking at.
Yes that is much better. Shouldn't go on a stock wheel though. Your chart is wrong. A 10,5 is too narrow. You want the sidewall standing straight up, or slightly curved inward. Not spilling over the sides of the wheel.

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Yes that is much better. Shouldn't go on a stock wheel though. Your chart is wrong. A 10,5 is too narrow. You want the sidewall standing straight up, or slightly curved inward. Not spilling over the sides of the wheel.
Okay so in your opinion what would you go with that wider than stock. 295/35, 285/35 or 305/30?

jdg54

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Don’t do it. High speeds will not be cool with that much of a bubble. Even 295 pokes. Can do it =/= should do it. My recommendation would be to get the appropriate wheel and tire setup. I know it’s a lot more $ but it’s really the right thing to do.

OP
OP

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Don’t do it. High speeds will not be cool with that much of a bubble. Even 295 pokes. Can do it =/= should do it. My recommendation would be to get the appropriate wheel and tire setup. I know it’s a lot more $ but it’s really the right thing to do.
Man I don’t know. Here’s two pics I just found with 305/30’s on them. One of them has done auto cross and drag strip with his with no problem. ??‍♂
Sponsored

Attachments