Any Detroit-ers in the house...??

tenzoxt

First Name
Tenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5
How are you guys coping with the roads up there and the Supra. I used to live in the Detroit area, moved to Texas about 10 years ago and I don't miss those roads. I sacrificed many a wheel and tire to I-75 and I-94.

The local domestic muscle car crowd playing nice?
Roads have improved a lot in the last 10years. And as for the domestics around here, they seem to behave pretty well when I’m in the Supra.
Sponsored

tenzoxt

First Name
Tenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5
Yes on the dyno... Had it remote tuned with ECUTEK tuner also a friend of mine..
I’m also on Ecutek, but have not dyno’d the car.
You must of had it dyno’d on a mustang?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Who's on m59 now with the white Supra :)
My wife's driving her car. No way to catch up. Lol

Great to see another white Supra on the road and to finally experience what it's like to see a Supra drive by :)

Last edited:

RCOB

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Waiting for A91 delivery in Refraction Blue, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport, 2019 GMC Yukon XL Denali, 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser
Supbrah - We still have a ways to go on the roads. Coming back into the state from Ohio, you know you've crossed back into Michigan as the thump of the tires can immediately be heard. Some of the local roads are in good shape like M-59 in Macomb County. That was resurfaced with blacktop and is a joy to drive on. I-75 is in the middle of a major re-do in Oakland, Macomb and Wayne counties. We don't seem to be dealing with any major pothole issues lately.

XtremeMaC - that's probably me in the white Supra on M-59. I live in the M-59/M-53 area.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Coming back into the state from Ohio, you know you've crossed back into Michigan as the thump of the tires can immediately be heard.
I used to live in VA, when I drove to MI with Uhaul truck with my car attached, I had no issues even when I encountered some snow. But when I saw the Welcome to Michigan sign the whole car started shaking crazy had to stop to check things were in order :)

Day to day I still encounter so many roads with debris, chunks of loose asphalt/stone. Luckily I mostly know where they are and how to avoid them.. Lately I've been looking at houses and new constructions thus going to places haven't been before. Darn Google Maps don't have an option to avoid unpaved roads, thankfully I haven't taken the Supra to any of those locations. Poor leased SUV :)
FYI, Waze at least has an option to avoid dirt roads..

RCOB

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Waiting for A91 delivery in Refraction Blue, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport, 2019 GMC Yukon XL Denali, 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser
I used to live in VA, when I drove to MI with Uhaul truck with my car attached, I had no issues even when I encountered some snow. But when I saw the Welcome to Michigan sign the whole car started shaking crazy had to stop to check things were in order :)

Day to day I still encounter so many roads with debris, chunks of loose asphalt/stone. Luckily I mostly know where they are and how to avoid them.. Lately I've been looking at houses and new constructions thus going to places haven't been before. Darn Google Maps don't have an option to avoid unpaved roads, thankfully I haven't taken the Supra to any of those locations. Poor leased SUV :)
FYI, Waze at least has an option to avoid dirt roads..
Thanks for the Waze tip. Generally speaking, if I'm not pretty certain I know the area I'll be travelling to, the cars stay in the garage.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Who did I just partially meet on the old "The Palace" right off of McDonald's :)

GTR_Nate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Eclipse GSX, Evo RS, Evo X MR, R35 GTR, A90 Supra
Who did I just partially meet on the old "The Palace" right off of McDonald's :)
That was me lol. I'm probably the one you spotted on M59 too. I'm back and forth between Warren and Lake Orion a few times per week.

Last edited:

piper1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'03 e85 Z4
Did anyone buy the white 2020 that was at Matick off of M59? I had looked at it but passed when under "dealer discount" there was a 20k upcharge and then them lowball on my z4 for a trade on it. They later offered it to me for 2,500 under msrp when the cat was out of the bag of the updates the 2021 were getting.

I've seen a black one a few months back off of 25 and schoenerr

tenzoxt

First Name
Tenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5
I’m looking to trade or sell my Tomei dual exhaust if anyone’s interested. Pm me if interested.

piper1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'03 e85 Z4
Anyone from here or know who has a white mkv with NO 2J for a plate?? saw it in shelby twp/Rochester area as we were driving around yesterday
Sponsored