Anybody getting challenged more on the road?

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
I'm amazed at how much was gained on wimpy California 91 octane, but that is just scratching the surface compared to the gains that will come with E85. I am using MHD. Once I figured out the correct procedure it worked flawlessly.
Nice.

Side note: got any pics of your Goat and Mustang?
Sponsored

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I find everyone wants to race the A90 - but no more than the A80 and A60! People don't seem to want to race the A70.... I think because it looks a lot faster than it is?

Racevideo

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 2017 VW Tiguan
Austin TX is full of Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers. Now that the highways are pretty clear, thanks to COVID, Iā€™m getting challenged nearly every day on the way to work or back (I work in the medical field, and so am I considered ā€œessentialā€). Iā€™d be lying if I said it isnā€™t kinda fun beating the muscle cars. Lost to a ZL1 todayā€”no surpriseā€”but I think he was shocked at the run I gave him (I have a Schnitzer tune).

Best runs Iā€™ve had have been against a SRT 392 and a M2C: both very even. Their mods are unknown.

Any one else getting challenged?
Getting challenged on almost a continuous basis. Doesn't seemed to have happened this much on previous cars I've owned.

OP
OP
AustinGRSupra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Highlights from this week:

Smoked a M3, a 1991 Lambo (Diablo), a C63 convertible (that dude was pissed), and a c7.

I got gapped by an Alpine. And destroyed by a Huracan Performante.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Am I reading Schnitzer's website correctly: $7K for a tune??!! That can't be right. Jeebus, that's nuts.

OP
OP
AustinGRSupra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Saturdayā€™s kills include: Audi A7 (tuned), supercharged Tundra TRD, and a 2018 Coyote Mustang.

Got torched by a Hennessy tuned Jeep Trackhawk. That thingā€™s nuts!

ebutay87

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
firekiirinsignup.com
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of variety wanted to race me even Lamborghini and Ferrari. Raced a mod 2000 bmw M3 50 rolling and beat him. Other than that everyone just tailgating and passing me by with 100+ mph expecting I would try to catch up.. give me the light and Iā€™ll race it but if not I wonā€™t even bother.

OP
OP
AustinGRSupra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Lost by one car length to a c8 today from a rolling 40. Pretty happy about that tho. I bailed at 140.

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
Other than that everyone just tailgating and passing me by with 100+ mph expecting I would try to catch up.. give me the light and Iā€™ll race it but if not I wonā€™t even bother.
Same here. Im cruising going at least 80-90 and people are either tailgating me or trying to pull up next to me. And they arent even vehicles that you would think cruise that high like a prius or old ass ranger and other random cars and trucks.

Nick Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 Tacoma Limited, 1998 Hemi TJ by AEV
No challenges here yet...just people taking pics, rolling their windows down at stop lights and giving me the thumbs-up. Don't see too many on the roads here. Was invited to race it in Chandler, but that's it.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I was stopped at a light today and the homeless guy that was camped out there gave me a thumbs up. The last time I got a homeless thumbsup was in my 2013 Boss 302.