Anybody getting challenged more on the road?

OP
OP
AustinGRSupra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I like when people ask to give it a little gas ..and then like to see them almost shit their pants when that straight pipe starts popping...hahaha everytime "holy shit"
I’d probably shit my pants too (stock everything here except the tune).:drive:
Sponsored

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
I had an Escalade want to race a couple weeks ago. I’ve also had a Mustang and Charger try and race. I ignore them all.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
Some, they take off real fast after gunning it. I don't need to prove anything, I assume they do. lol And then there are the little cars with no real muffler, and they really let the horrible sound coming from their car get loud by getting on the gas. Like a skate board with a model airplane motor.

Mk5upra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 05 Sti, 06 r53, 04 sti, 03 g35, 00 s500
Plenty, Stinger GT2, C63, VW GTI, hellcat challenger, New RS3, S4, (2) RS4, Swap J32 civic, porsche cayman, Mustang, 370z, GTR, Evo 9, Ford Raptor, and Tesla Model 3. Best part is them driving up to you then floors it expecting you to chase them. It's great when you actually tail them all the way seeing their face on the rear view mirror thinking dang that dude is fast. :D

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
I've had one race: a new Tesla Model S. It was from a stoplight so just pretty much like being at a strip. 0~40 we were dead even. After that I pulled away. I am on a Twisted 91 octane tune. E85 is pending.
I don't know why, but I find this hard to believe. I was next to a Model 3 about a month ago and for some reason said driver thought he wanted to show off, and launch from a stop at a light. Mind you I was not interested at all, nor did I race. However when that thing took off...it was a rocket, and even my Stage 2 I am positive would not keep up from a 0-60mph.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
I get mostly people wanting to compliment the car or ask questions. Although I did get a Ram 1500 on the freeway yesterday rev at me and try to get me to race. <rolls eyes>

Mk5upra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 05 Sti, 06 r53, 04 sti, 03 g35, 00 s500
I don't know why, but I find this hard to believe. I was next to a Model 3 about a month ago and for some reason said driver thought he wanted to show off, and launch from a stop at a light. Mind you I was not interested at all, nor did I race. However when that thing took off...it was a rocket, and even my Stage 2 I am positive would not keep up from a 0-60mph.
I'm sure the supra can keep up with it if it wasn't the Model 3 Performance package and just a base. Now if it was the Model 3 Performance package the supra would be left in the dust for sure. I think I read that it can run a 0-60 in 2.8sec to 3.2sec.

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure the supra can keep up with it if it wasn't the Model 3 Performance package and just a base. Now if it was the Model 3 Performance package the supra would be left in the dust for sure. I think I read that it can run a 0-60 in 2.8sec to 3.2sec.
From the exterior I didn't see anything resembling a performance pack (wheels/badges/etc...) It looked like any other trim, but the perf pack. I legit didn't even floor it. I continued casually moving along when light turned green with no interest. Maybe that's why it looked like this thing launched, but he clearly did it to cut me off and enter my lane.

OP
OP
AustinGRSupra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Yeah, I’ve been dusted by a model 3 Performance twice, off the line. Today, I did a 40 roll against a 2015 Viper, and got a good car length on him until about 120 mph. We pulled over and the dude was impressed with the Supra.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Yeah, I’ve been dusted by a model 3 Performance twice, off the line. Today, I did a 40 roll against a 2015 Viper, and got a good car length on him until about 120 mph. We pulled over and the dude was impressed with the Supra.
I always thought the Supra looks like a baby Viper. Did you get any side by side pics?

OP
OP
AustinGRSupra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
A guy in an 19 Audi RS3 was giving me shit at the gas station about how he would never get a Supra because it doesn’t have the horses like his. I offered to show him that a 60 hp difference will still beat him.

A 30 mph roll, and I took him to lunch at Gapplebees! Sweet day.

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A guy in an 19 Audi RS3 was giving me shit at the gas station about how he would never get a Supra because it doesn’t have the horses like his. I offered to show him that a 60 hp difference will still beat him.

A 30 mph roll, and I took him to lunch at Gapplebees! Sweet day.
I am going to assume the RS3 was stock, and I feel like stock power to the wheels they are making about 340whp as well due to DT loss?

From a dig I would think that RS3 would win, but that kind of cockiness is just poor taste, with basically same class vehicle (roughly). Audi guys lol
Sponsored