Anything I should be aware of if running slightly wider tires?

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I posted this question in a different thread, but adding it here to get some responses.

Context: I'm going to buy some All Season tires for the colder months (WA State) and am considering going with 265 front, 285 rear, partly due to inventory issues and partly due to info I've found where folks have said they get better traction with that setup anyways.

My question is: does this cause any issues with traction control or impact handling in any meaningful way? It sounds like you've got to go into the tire settings on the car and either have it re-learn or set to custom? What is the implications of doing that?

Basically, trying to figure out if a slight upsize like this is mostly hassle free or not.

Thanks!
Sponsored

NeedCoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I posted this question in a different thread, but adding it here to get some responses.

Context: I'm going to buy some All Season tires for the colder months (WA State) and am considering going with 265 front, 285 rear, partly due to inventory issues and partly due to info I've found where folks have said they get better traction with that setup anyways.

My question is: does this cause any issues with traction control or impact handling in any meaningful way? It sounds like you've got to go into the tire settings on the car and either have it re-learn or set to custom? What is the implications of doing that?

Basically, trying to figure out if a slight upsize like this is mostly hassle free or not.

Thanks!
That’s the exact sizes I’m running on all seasons AS+3. No issues whatsoever

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
FYI in snowy and slushy roads, narrow, high aspect ratio, smaller diameter tires work the best!

It's different with dry, wet and somewhat compacted snow. So, you decide how much snow you get and how long it stays on the roads for..

You can play around with inflation pressure to increase/decrease contact patch....

OP
OP
nosavingthrow

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I won't be taking the car out in snow, but its a daily driver and will definitely be out in the colder, sub 40 degree temperatures, often wet.
Sponsored