Apple CarPlay and JB4

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Maybe it has nothing to do with my Bluetooth JB4 always being plugged Into the OBD port but… does anyone have the issue of having to setup their Apple CarPlay more than once? I’m using the same car key but sometimes Apple CarPlay just isn’t recognized. I usually hit the com button to look for it as an option.
It doesn’t seem to matter if I’m connected to Wi-Fi or only cellular. It’s really hit or miss. I did get a new iPhone, so understandably I set it up again. But I’m still getting the same hit or miss issues with connectivity.
Any suggestions or similar experience?
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Ever tried unplugging JB4 BT or temporarily deleting it from your phone and see?

OP
OP
FLtrackdays

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OP
OP
FLtrackdays

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’ll be damned…. That worked!!!! Common sense goes a long way @XtremeMaC. I just got to use it 😂 I’ll follow more closely the condition if/when it happens again. Gonna plug my JB4 back in. Maybe I need to connect to my JB4 every time on the app when I start the car 🤷🏼‍♂️. I don’t always do that. But who knows…. Just glad it’s working now!

barasoap

First Name
Niel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91 MT
What exactly was the problem with your carplay? I frequently have the issue where clicking on the icon in the infotainment doesn't bring up carplay. For some reason when I start waze on my phone or start playing a song from my apple watch it resolves the issue.

OP
OP
FLtrackdays

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What exactly was the problem with your carplay? I frequently have the issue where clicking on the icon in the infotainment doesn't bring up carplay. For some reason when I start waze on my phone or start playing a song from my apple watch it resolves the issue.
Dude... it's soooo weird. For some reason, completely random from what I can tell, I just get in my car and can't find the option, no matter what I select. I'm usually looking for contacts, map or to play Ben Shapiro, Hodge Twins, or whatever on podcast. I don't use waze, but I can try playing a song on my apple watch. Never done that before but If that'll jar the car's memory to look for it, I'll do it!

Byroxdb

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 2.0A SZ-R
I have had the JB4 for a few days and I use it with an Iphone 5s to log in, instead I have my Iphone 11 pro connected to the carplay, for a few days it had started to shut down Idrive while I was traveling and then it turned on by itself, I tried to do a reset and an Idrive hard reset but the carplay no longer sees me, by now the iPhone recognizes me as a normal phone connected to bluetooth, I also did a driver reset, I ran out of ideas, I also tried what was described in this post but nothing.

OP
OP
FLtrackdays

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have had the JB4 for a few days and I use it with an Iphone 5s to log in, instead I have my Iphone 11 pro connected to the carplay, for a few days it had started to shut down Idrive while I was traveling and then it turned on by itself, I tried to do a reset and an Idrive hard reset but the carplay no longer sees me, by now the iPhone recognizes me as a normal phone connected to bluetooth, I also did a driver reset, I ran out of ideas, I also tried what was described in this post but nothing.
Mine is working now. I let it sit in the car and don’t go looking for it 1st thing. I give it plenty of time to connect. I did have to do another initial setup. But after that (again), my car now finds the iPhone. I use the same key every time so it doesn’t detect different settings and just give it plenty of time to detect it. I did report it to Toyota too. Let me know if that helps! Good luck dude :)

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
I have the same issue with Apple Car Play not connecting. I don't have Jb or a tune and found that if I connect using a cable ensure Apple Car Play.

OP
OP
FLtrackdays

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I‘ll definitely start doing that. Mine went out again yesterday 😭. I can tell when it happens because the stereo settings go flat on the EQ and music sounds like shit. So I went to Bluetooth, found the car, and viola, it worked! This time….

Byroxdb

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 2.0A SZ-R
I have the same issue with Apple Car Play not connecting. I don't have Jb or a tune and found that if I connect using a cable ensure Apple Car Play.
lunedì porto la Supra in Toyota e scopriremo cosa è successo.
Sponsored