Are stock intakes better than cold air intakes?

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
I'm on the fence about keeping my stock intake vs. getting an aftermarket one (probably HKS with their closed carbon box if so). If I do the resonator delete, I know I can get a little more sound out of the stock box but is there anything else you can do to increase the turbo noises with the stock intake?

I'm about to pull the trigger on an AA catted downpipe and SP1R exhaust. Anybody with this setup running a stock intake?
Sponsored

3 bigmoney

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra premium
i have a AA catted down pipe with the RK titanium exhaust and hks intake with a greedy filter sounds great
IMG_0574.jpg
IMG_0573.jpg

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i have a AA catted down pipe with the RK titanium exhaust and hks intake with a greedy filter sounds great
IMG_0574.jpg
IMG_0573.jpg
Thats cool! Was the Greddy cone a direct replacement for the HKS mushroom shaped filter or did you have to do some modifications to get it to work?

3 bigmoney

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra premium
Thats cool! Was the Greddy cone a direct replacement for the HKS mushroom shaped filter or did you have to do some modifications to get it to work?
direct replacement if you get the hks intake i have the part # the best part about the hks intake is that it bolts to the engine much more stable

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gotcha, thanks! Mind sharing that part number in case that's the route I decide to go? It looks great! Only thing that was kind of holding me back from the HKS intake was the filter shape. Despite it being iconic. Petty, I know lol

3 bigmoney

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra premium
Gotcha, thanks! Mind sharing that part number in case that's the route I decide to go? It looks great! Only thing that was kind of holding me back from the HKS intake was the filter shape. Despite it being iconic. Petty, I know lol
part #12500633 greddy air filter

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
I have the Dinan and Intake temps are up in stop and go but the sounds and looks are glorious. Temps are fine while moving

Koriyuu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Stratosphere Blue GR Supra
IMG_0574.jpg
IMG_0573.jpg
which HKS intake is this? The full intake kit? Or just the basic one?

Shanki

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2021 Supra 3.0
Okay I'm glad I wasn't crazy lol

I have the same CTS CAI and was feeling the car sluggish but happy with how it sounds thou.
Ill definitely look into buying the Verus heatshield.

BTW since I'm here did any you guys uninstall the cable by accident that is connected to the lower part of the CAI?? I did and my finger barely fit and not sure if i connected it back correctly as I didn't hear a click. Hoping it doesn't do anything bad to the engine.
I have CTS CAI as well and love the sound! I live in BC, Canada where the temperature is around 5 degree Celsius or 40F for like 4 months winter/spring and summer is only around 80F on average. IAT is not really a problem here. I feel the colder the temperature the louder the intake sounds.

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
I have CTS CAI as well and love the sound! I live in BC, Canada where the temperature is around 5 degree Celsius or 40F for like 4 months winter/spring and summer is only around 80F on average. IAT is not really a problem here. I feel the colder the temperature the louder the intake sounds.
I live here in southern CA where the temperature doesn't care what you think it is lol

I have installed the Verus heatshield and the car feels so much better. In the mornings the temps are usually 59-62F so I wasn't having issues. It was when leaving work or going on a cruise in the afternoon when it was 77-90F which made the car slow.

Honestly could aslo just be a placebo effect

Andrew__a90

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
Recently installed a afe track series carbon fiber CAI. It sounds pretty dope but i feel like my car lost at least 20-30 hp/tq. It didnt come with a cover for the top part over the air filter so its basically sucking in all the hot air from engine. Theres a little rubber seal at the top that molds into the hood but its always uneven and too many holes where hot air can come through. Is there anyway i can just put the stock back on and maybe change the air filter for the turbo spool sound? Pretty disappointed with CAI to be honest, really ineffective and useless. On top of that my car is now slower than before. Its a huge noticeable difference. Please, someone help!
Everyone complains about the price on the Eventuri but the reason I felt it was worth it is because of all the proven testing. Im sure others do but the Eventuri is 100% an upgrade.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
It’s definitely louder the colder it gets for mine. I totally dig it. Gives me something else to look forward to when it finally gets below 70 degrees Fahrenheit 😂

conFUcius-Says

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 45th Anniversary Mikan Blast
Everyone complains about the price on the Eventuri but the reason I felt it was worth it is because of all the proven testing. Im sure others do but the Eventuri is 100% an upgrade.
Is your Supra a daily driver or for the track? I’ll be up in Richmond to host an advisory board meeting in Jun.; if you’re around, would love to hear the Eventuri in person.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
The Eventuri is nice. My GR has their engine cover too for extra bling. I've seen some idiots wash the dry filters with water and oil them on YT.. :crazy: If anyone lost power due to running Eventuri, chances are its is because they are dumb.
Sponsored