2021 Supra GR HKS Cold Air Intake Installation

Ricky

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Having trouble putting on a hks cold air intake on my 2021 Supra gr. Does anyone have any videos of putting one on or any instructions
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Having trouble putting on a hks cold air intake on my 2021 Supra gr. Does anyone have any videos of putting one on or any instructions
What are you having troubles with? It's pretty much plug and play. The couplers take a little effort to get it on. If you have the whole box the rubber seal takes some effort to slip on. Did yours not come with instructions?

OP
OP

Ricky

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
What are you having troubles with? It's pretty much plug and play. The couplers take a little effort to get it on. If you have the whole box the rubber seal takes some effort to slip on. Did yours not come with instructions?

OP
OP

Ricky

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Yes it has the instructions but the problem I’m having is getting the bracket that fits on the intake to mount to the motor.

jb_mkv

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Are you talking about the suction hose? It just clicks in, so I have a feeling you’re talking about something else. If you’re having trouble fitting the suction bracket, you can rotate the entire intake (keeping the suction hose in place) until it can be screwed in. Worked for me.

IMG_2672.jpeg

OP
OP

Ricky

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Correct the suction bracket I guess i need to slow down and rotate it to get it to line up.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
This is a very informative product manual that addresses improvements with fairly impressive testing result graphs. The English translation could use some correction but otherwise, I am impressed.
My guess is that it does not come with C.A.R.B. certification? It'd be nice if it did.

I've never seen air filter geometry like this, though and wonder how effective it filters compared to stock. Perhaps the only way to know would be to compare oil analysis after use of OEM and then HKS.

I has to look up the definition of PS. Apparently, 1 PS is 98.6% of 1 imperial horsepower.

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
I've never seen air filter geometry like this, though and wonder how effective it filters compared to stock.
This comparison (and variants of it) has been floating around in US/UK/JP print since the late 90s, I'm surprised you haven't seen it before. This is so old that I don't think Blitz or Apexi make filters anymore.

1704138794211.png

1704138936098.png

1704139026053.png

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
Wow, great info - thanks, Pete. I have to question any filter that has zero maintenance, since all life-time filters of which I'm aware require periodic cleaning or cleaning/oiling.

My MX5 has a true CAI setup (Mazdaspeed) with AEM filter that I periodically swap out for a cleaned and dried one.
Sponsored