ARK DT-S 3.0 Supra Exhaust

Cheesedawg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Only seen one other review/post about someone using this setup so I figured I would add to Apexracer's Review of the ARK exhaust.

Just a bit to add as their post/review does a great job of covering all the important points. I personally went with the polished tips, I wanted a OEM+ look, and I didn't think the blue tips would have looked as nice on a Nitro Yellow car.

I also have no tune and a stock downpipe. With mine being a 2022 and having a ton of power out of the box compared to any of my previous cars, I'll wait until the ECU gets more openly cracked, or my warranty expires.
I had used their Grip exhaust on my '13 3.6L Genesis Coupe a while back and loved it compared to most of the other offerings back then.

Install went well, I didn't get the washers that @apexracer mentioned in their review, but I also never seemed to need them so no issues there. The bracket for the exhaust flap actuator was bent pretty badly, but I am not sure if that was from ARK, me, or from shipping. As I didn't notice it until I had unwrapped everything and was installing it on the car. I bent it back into shape and all the pipes lined up without too much effort.
I did still have the right side tip very close to the bumper and had to pull and tug a bit to get that in a better position, with led to the right side being tucked in about a quarter to half an inch more then the left tip. But you don't really notice unless you are right on top of the car. And there is a section of the middle of the pipe that is extremely close to the heat shielding under the car, but I haven't noticed any vibrations or noises so it must barely clear. Took a little over three hours all said and done.

Cold startup is not crazy, a little louder then stock and a nice deep note which settles out to basically stock noise at idle. With the flap closed in normal mode, it is louder when you are accelerating, but as soon as you get to cruising it goes back to about the same as the OEM system, no drone at speed and basically silent compared to road noise/wind/radio.

Warm starts with or without the valve open are much more raucous then stock, no gunshots or loud bangs, but quite a bit more burbles. If I had a 2020 you would probably get some very loud noises, or with a different/no cat. You can coax out a good pop every once and a while on deceleration, and on the throttle it is how it should have sounded from the factory, other then I still think the downshift burbles are a little much sometimes. I have actually found that when cruising in sport mode, when in 5th/6th gear with the fake exhaust off, it is actually quieter when cruising then the fake system with the OEM exhaust was. But sounds much better when on throttle.

All in all, very happy, and I would recommend it to anyone on the fence. I was a little concerned considering the videos currently out on this one make it seem screaming loud, and there isn't great info from the video uploaders about mod status/production year of the cars it is put on. Since catless/2020 Supras are going to sound much much different. I will see if I can find my gopro and add some clips to what is out there.
Sponsored

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Great write up.

We sell a lot of Ark exhausts for other vehicles but for us its not that big of a hit. Definitely feel like reviews and posts like this will help change that up!

-Josh

calebc

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra mkv
I've had this for a little over half a year now. Definitely underrated but has recently been gaining a lot of traction. I do agree that burbles on sport are a bit much but the dailyability is top notch!

OP
OP
Cheesedawg

Cheesedawg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've had this for a little over half a year now. Definitely underrated but has recently been gaining a lot of traction. I do agree that burbles on sport are a bit much but the dailyability is top notch!
Yeah it is one of those things I don't totally hate, but if I could tune the car I would almost be happy with leaving the power the same and removing them on throttle lift if I could. Leave them on downshifts, but keep me from going nuts when I am in some traffic and just tapping the throttle. I know I can just turn off sport mode, or turn off the exhaust in personal sport, but I'm just being picky. It still sounds great.

Supramann15

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I was on the fence between the HKS and Ark and went with Ark exhaust. Iā€™ve had mine on for almost two months and love the sound. Its deep at low RPMs and it has a nice pitch at the upper RPMs. Itā€™s installed on a 2020 with catless downpipe.

I have videos but canā€™t seem to upload them. Any tips will be appreciated.

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Absolutely love mine too! A few weeks ago though I heard an exhaust rattle, it was the valve when closed. I'm almost always in Sport mode, so I just removed the exhaust valve actuator fuse and all is well again. The tone down low is nice and throaty, and up top at WOT sounds insane. My hooligan side enjoys all the pops, crackles and burbles ;b

mpHhFEG.jpg

Eman

First Name
Immanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Soon to be supra
Just ordered the ARK over the HKS after months of debating. Post like this make me excited that I went with it! Bought from Meraki of course.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I had the Ark Grip exhaust on my 3.8L Genesis Coupe and it was an absolutely amazing exhaust system. I can only imagine the one for the Supra is great as well. Personally I love the stock exhaust sound on the Supra, coupled with a Catless DP, and see no reason to upgrade at the time.

OP
OP
Cheesedawg

Cheesedawg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had the Ark Grip exhaust on my 3.8L Genesis Coupe and it was an absolutely amazing exhaust system. I can only imagine the one for the Supra is great as well. Personally I love the stock exhaust sound on the Supra, coupled with a Catless DP, and see no reason to upgrade at the time.
Where I live requires emissions inspections and I personally have been behind one too many de-catted cars and wouldn't do that to anyone unless this was a pure track/drag car.

apexracer

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90
Only seen one other review/post about someone using this setup so I figured I would add to Apexracer's Review of the ARK exhaust.

Just a bit to add as their post/review does a great job of covering all the important points. I personally went with the polished tips, I wanted a OEM+ look, and I didn't think the blue tips would have looked as nice on a Nitro Yellow car.

I also have no tune and a stock downpipe. With mine being a 2022 and having a ton of power out of the box compared to any of my previous cars, I'll wait until the ECU gets more openly cracked, or my warranty expires.
I had used their Grip exhaust on my '13 3.6L Genesis Coupe a while back and loved it compared to most of the other offerings back then.

Install went well, I didn't get the washers that @apexracer mentioned in their review, but I also never seemed to need them so no issues there. The bracket for the exhaust flap actuator was bent pretty badly, but I am not sure if that was from ARK, me, or from shipping. As I didn't notice it until I had unwrapped everything and was installing it on the car. I bent it back into shape and all the pipes lined up without too much effort.
I did still have the right side tip very close to the bumper and had to pull and tug a bit to get that in a better position, with led to the right side being tucked in about a quarter to half an inch more then the left tip. But you don't really notice unless you are right on top of the car. And there is a section of the middle of the pipe that is extremely close to the heat shielding under the car, but I haven't noticed any vibrations or noises so it must barely clear. Took a little over three hours all said and done.

Cold startup is not crazy, a little louder then stock and a nice deep note which settles out to basically stock noise at idle. With the flap closed in normal mode, it is louder when you are accelerating, but as soon as you get to cruising it goes back to about the same as the OEM system, no drone at speed and basically silent compared to road noise/wind/radio.

Warm starts with or without the valve open are much more raucous then stock, no gunshots or loud bangs, but quite a bit more burbles. If I had a 2020 you would probably get some very loud noises, or with a different/no cat. You can coax out a good pop every once and a while on deceleration, and on the throttle it is how it should have sounded from the factory, other then I still think the downshift burbles are a little much sometimes. I have actually found that when cruising in sport mode, when in 5th/6th gear with the fake exhaust off, it is actually quieter when cruising then the fake system with the OEM exhaust was. But sounds much better when on throttle.

All in all, very happy, and I would recommend it to anyone on the fence. I was a little concerned considering the videos currently out on this one make it seem screaming loud, and there isn't great info from the video uploaders about mod status/production year of the cars it is put on. Since catless/2020 Supras are going to sound much much different. I will see if I can find my gopro and add some clips to what is out there.
Thanks for the extended review! Hopefully with these reviews people can make up their mind easier!

THOOPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' C43 AMG, 18' Model S, 21' STI, 23' Supra
Just ordered the ARK over the HKS after months of debating. Post like this make me excited that I went with it! Bought from Meraki of course.
Debating myself. Iā€™m leaning towards HKS but idk still

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Debating myself. Iā€™m leaning towards HKS but idk still
We can help you with either, got both in stock and great deals. Contact us.

-Josh