Armytrix valvetronic question.

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
I installed this two days ago and got the version without the remote (I don't like clutter, and I only want it louder in sport mode anyway). So the valve is supposed to be controlled by the OEM comfort/sport button.

It seems to me like on cold start, whether in sport or comfort mode, the valve stays closed. I don't remember the car being like that with the OEM exhaust.

Am I missing something? Or am I just misremembering how it was with the stock exhaust? I've only had the car for like 3 weeks, so perhaps I just wasn't paying attention. But I could've sworn if I hit sport mode before starting the car, the valve would open and growl nicely on startup.

Now it doesn't do that because the value stays closed.

I can't imagine I messed up the install on the harness...there's not much to it if you aren't doing the remote valve control option.

Someone tell me I just have a bad memory, and that's how the car is from the factory!

It's a 21 3.0 if that matters.

TIA!

Edit: The valve works as expected when changing between comfort/sport modes once the car is out of cold start.
Sponsored

Last edited:

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Stock exhaust valve stays closed until the cat is warmed even in sport mode...
My Borla is the same way...

Steve

I installed this two days ago and got the version without the remote (I don't like clutter, and I only want it louder in sport mode anyway). So the valve is supposed to be controlled by the OEM comfort/sport button.

It seems to me like on cold start, whether in sport or comfort mode, the valve stays closed. I don't remember the car being like that with the OEM exhaust.

Am I missing something? Or am I just misremembering how it was with the stock exhaust? I've only had the car for like 3 weeks, so perhaps I just wasn't paying attention. But I could've sworn if I hit sport mode before starting the car, the valve would open and growl nicely on startup.

Now it doesn't do that because the value stays closed.

I can't imagine I messed up the install on the harness...there's not much to it if you aren't doing the remote valve control option.

Someone tell me I just have a bad memory, and that's how the car is from the factory!

It's a 21 3.0 if that matters.

TIA!

Edit: The valve works as expected when changing between comfort/sport modes once the car is out of cold start.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You can code it to be open all the time if you really wanted to with BimmerCode... but obviously warming up the CAT is for emission stuff.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You can code it to be open all the time if you really wanted to with BimmerCode... but obviously warming up the CAT is for emission stuff.
[/QUOTE

I have my car code to start in sport mode...the valve still doesn't open for about 2 minutes after start up..

Steve

OP
OP

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stock exhaust valve stays closed until the cat is warmed even in sport mode...
My Borla is the same way...

Steve
Appreciate it Steve. That makes me feel better...I thought I did something wrong!

OP
OP

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can you do this on an untunable 2021?

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes..bimmercode works...it controls a different module from the ecu..
You can turn off the faux engine noise....best thing I did...
You can code the car to start in sport mode( that's how I have mine set)..

Steve

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
I've been looking into the armytrix exhaust or maybe the active autowerkes. Do you have any clips and link where you got it from?

OP
OP

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OP
OP

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've been looking into the armytrix exhaust or maybe the active autowerkes. Do you have any clips and link where you got it from?

Sure thing. Just a quick clip recorded on a phone, nothing fancy. This is just the Armytrix exhaust with factory downpipe.

For what it's worth, the quality of this exhaust is impressive!

I purchased it from Speed Industry in Las Vegas. I'm not sure if they are on this forum or not, but they have been AWESOME to do business with.

Edit: Here is the link to the system on their website:

ARMYTRIX Stainless Steel Valvetronic Catback Exhaust System Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo A90 2020+. Speed Industry | Aftermarket Performance Parts Store

I've been working with Alex.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any trouble with the Borla exhaust tips which are carbon fiber turning brown? See several.
Yes...just got them replaced under warranty....
Borla ended up send a brand new complete exhaust...I only used the new muffler n tip..
Received the parts in about 10 days n they arranged for pick up of old parts...
Replacing the parts was a breeze since I learned from the first time installing the system...

The new tips are holding up so far(only have a few hundred miles on them)..

The problem I have is the metal bracket that holds the carbon fiber tip off the exhaust pipe is already turning bronze again...it's suppose to be black...

I love the sound of the Borla so I'll Ethier live with it or find a replace tip to bolt/weld on...

Steve

OP
OP

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They are who I have been getting stuff from as well. Sounds amazing! Thank you so much
Anytime man. Glad to have this forum as a resource, and solid vendors to support us!
Sponsored