Auto-down Not Working

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
On the first cold (less than 50F) day here in Florida, my driver window would not do auto-down when I opened the door. My first thought was a door open sensor as the courtesy lighting would stay on after I locked the door. Took it to the dealership where I bought it. It was still doing it when I dropped it off in the morning, but the Supra technician couldn't replicate the issue later that day and couldn't find any codes but they put in a tech request with Toyota. I picked up the car and the window was working fine.

The next cold front comes through and it does the same thing again so the car is back at the dealership where it has been for the last two days.

I haven't found any other instances of this happening on the web. Has anyone heard of this occuring and, if so, what was the fix? Other than this issue, I'm very happy with the car.
Sponsored

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yes, this has happened to my car but it was much colder (think <35). Posted a thread about it here - basically the consensus was that it was fairly normal. I don’t have a fix as it does appear to be a cold weather only thing for frameless windows.

I note though this is the only car with frameless windows that has done it it to me. After 5 mins in the car this issues has always gone away (as it warms up).

edit* my thread:https://www.supramkv.com/threads/frameless-windows-freezing.3408/

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I can understand why this would happen at the temps mentioned in your thread, but it has not been below freezing here (rarely does it get that cold here) and it seems to happen below about 55F.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Many people experienced this on the FRS/86/BRZ. A service bulletin was released to fix it.
I've experienced it multiple times, but to get it back up and running took me few seconds and I always fixed it after it happened.
One day, I took it to the dealer, showed them the bulletin, but they said I should come back when it's stuck again. I never did...
Attached are the bulletins.

Attachments

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Spoke with the dealership today and they have a door lock actuator being delivered. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
I wonder if a low battery condition can cause this? I have experienced occasions where I get in , start the car and immediately hit the window switch and nothing happens. After two or three hits it will go down. A few weeks ago I put the car away for winter and threw her on a battery tender. I was surprised; to say the least, that it took two to three hours before the battery showed even 80% SOC.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Finally picked the car up from the dealer today. It took an extra day because they needed to order one of the screw clips for the door. It definitely was not a low battery. The replacement door lock actuator is working as expected.
Sponsored