Baby seat / New born car seat in the Supra?

Cousindeagle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
92 NSX
Ive taken my son with his seat and it works easily. I use a car seat cover I got from target to place between the seat and child seat. Use these on all my vehicles actually
:hmm:
Sponsored

MCSeverino

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
The car won't work with a newborn. They need to be rear-facing in the car seat, but with two other cars that the kid can be driven around in, you should be fine.

After the kid gets a little older and can be forward facing, it gets easier. My kid is four, and she rides in my Supra in a booster seat, although, not very often.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
The car won't work with a newborn. They need to be rear-facing in the car seat, but with two other cars that the kid can be driven around in, you should be fine.

After the kid gets a little older and can be forward facing, it gets easier. My kid is four, and she rides in my Supra in a booster seat, although, not very often.
Ya for sure. Chances are the car won't stick around long enough for me to utilize it with a baby seat. I usually switch cars every 2-3 years. But it's definitely cool to see some people here using it to drive around their kid.

Was hoping the new G80 M3 would be a car i'd fall in love with, as it would check just about every box i'd want. Unfortunately I just can't get over the looks of the car. Maybe an LCI or a bumper swap would change my mind.

Sauceii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Pemium
Not the ideal situation but just bought my 2021 and have only 2k miles on it. Iā€™ve racked up thousands in modifications and tuning , but now have found out me and the lady are expecting so of course I hopped on autotrader right away and thought ok new suv?! Yet.... Iā€™m having a hard time with how much Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll lose on the selling/trading in the Supra . Has anyone put a new born car seat in their Supra and disabled the passenger air bag? We also have a Qx 30 and a H2 so I was thinking of keeping the Supra to save some money and just have a back up plan if I ever need to put a car seat in . Thanks in advance guys . Stay Safe

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Congratulations! Our little one is 9 years old but if our experience is any judge, it will depend on the car seat. We had a Britax convertible car seat, which was great but VERY bulky. It barely fit in the four door Insight we had at the same time and I could not see it fitting comfortably in my Supra. Other non-convertible rear-facing models (maybe Graco?) may fit. The tethering system is all there and the car should disable front airbags automatically so it should work. It will be a question of visibility, fit, and your (and your wifeā€™s) personal comfort level. If itā€™s only for dire emergencies, you could probably find something that fits. Seeing as how you have two SUVs, I donā€™t see any reason why you need to sell the Supra.

MCSeverino

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
New born? I would not. I will put my 4y/o in the passenger seat in her booster, but definitely would not do a rear facing car seat.

JimmyA91

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Soon & 2018 Ram
I agree with not putting a new born. Get a slightly older used suv.

Sauceii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Pemium
I agree with not putting a new born. Get a slightly older used suv.
Already have a 2017 qx30 and a 05 H2 just wanted to make sure if in a crunch I needed to put a car seat in I could or how itā€™s fits for other members

Sauceii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Pemium
Congratulations! Our little one is 9 years old but if our experience is any judge, it will depend on the car seat. We had a Britax convertible car seat, which was great but VERY bulky. It barely fit in the four door Insight we had at the same time and I could not see it fitting comfortably in my Supra. Other non-convertible rear-facing models (maybe Graco?) may fit. The tethering system is all there and the car should disable front airbags automatically so it should work. It will be a question of visibility, fit, and your (and your wifeā€™s) personal comfort level. If itā€™s only for dire emergencies, you could probably find something that fits. Seeing as how you have two SUVs, I donā€™t see any reason why you need to sell the Supra.
Thanks for the great info , yea I could only imagine the depreciation hit Iā€™d take if I traded it in already

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
i Think Toyota sells the Sienna.....could probably get a good deal on that with trade-in......LOLLLLLLLLL

I can make fun at this because I had just gotten a '93 RX7 R1 and next thing i know........"where the hell did that baby seat come from??????" Really is NOT a good idea to put anything other than a booster seat in that vehicle.......and then you have to make sure the belts are fitting properly.....if you ran into "Barney Fife", you may even get pulled over.......not even joking....
Sponsored