Manual Supra seat position

PrincipleZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 white MT
I just got my manual Supra and have taken it for several hour-long drives. Overall an amazing car, just that I've found my right leg extra tired after the drives. At first I thought it's just me being nervous driving a new car, but after I adjusted my seat multiple times I found out that when I'm at a position where my left leg fully extend when fully pressing the clutch (which has been my seat adjusting standard for manual), my right leg will be kinda cramped since brake and throttle pedal usually just need minor adjustment. The floor mat being kinda thick might also contribute to this. The floor throttle pedal also doesn't help since I usually put my right foot under throttle when I'm using cruise control. I'll continue exploring a comfortable seating position but just want to hear if people have tips on it.
Sponsored

DGINR8supra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
I have mine as low and as far back as possible. Adjust the recline as needed but itā€™s really whatever works best for you. I would start at the lowest setting though

Eddy90

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT
I just got my manual Supra and have taken it for several hour-long drives. Overall an amazing car, just that I've found my right leg extra tired after the drives. At first I thought it's just me being nervous driving a new car, but after I adjusted my seat multiple times I found out that when I'm at a position where my left leg fully extend when fully pressing the clutch (which has been my seat adjusting standard for manual), my right leg will be kinda cramped since brake and throttle pedal usually just need minor adjustment. The floor mat being kinda thick might also contribute to this. The floor throttle pedal also doesn't help since I usually put my right foot under throttle when I'm using cruise control. I'll continue exploring a comfortable seating position but just want to hear if people have tips on it.
I had a similar issue on my other manual 350z, with no permanent solution.

However, since this issue was most noticeable on long drives; i would re-adjust the seat or my position once I was on a stretch of road that did not need constant clutch work.

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS
I, too, wish the gas pedal came down from top of the footwell, instead of up from the floor.

Boataur

First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91-MT CUL
What helps me is tilting the seat - knees going up and the backend down.
I do this as well. Iā€™m also one of those guys who likes to be closer to the steering wheel, so Iā€˜m used to not having my legs not fully extended.

Johndcatlett

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra
I feel ya! I have tried several different positions and I honestly just canā€™t get it right. I got it better but I just still feel something is off. I just chalked it up that I will not be able to get these seats perfect

OP
OP

PrincipleZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 white MT
I didn't even realize the seat base can be tilted. I tried tilting it and also moved the seat higher and it feels a bit better now. I usually like to sit low but with the Supra already being low and having a long hood I guess sitting a bit higher makes me comfortable both mentally and physically. Thanks all for the input!

Kgsweb

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Downshift Blue
Had a similar issue with a manual NC Miata (2910) I had before the Supra. The accelerator stuck too far forward and forced me to sit a bit sideways in the seat to get my legs balanced on the clutch and accelerator. There was a mod floating around in the Miata forums where one could install a longer bolt and spacer in the upper accelerator mount that tilted the pedal back a bit and did not interfere with the pedal travel or throw. Helped quite a bit.

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
So my girlfriend has really long legs proportional to her body, and when she first started driving manual she was telling me the same thing about her right foot getting tired and not being comfortable. The solution for her was to sort of angle her feet/legs outward when not actively shifting, which made the knee bending less strenuous. So pretty much instead of both feet facing 12 o'clock, the left is facing 10 and the right is facing 2.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I've owned many MT cars and have found similar situation with a lot of them. My recommendation is, as others mentioned, try different seating positions and while at a light do some exercise drawing figure 8 with your toes to relax your muscles. I do this on my weekend drives when I start to feel some fatigue with my ankle and shin. Sometimes I go through the whole alphabet.

Sounds silly, but it works.
Sponsored