Back Bumper Removal

Supurah

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Planning to install the fourth brake light and functional rear reflector lights. Any tips on removing the back bumper? I’m nervous about removing it due to videos I’ve see making snapping noises.
Sponsored

tub54500

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT
I believe you can install the fourth brake light without removing the back bumper. Not sure about the reflectors tho

SikkuSamra

First Name
Sarprit
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0
I had to remove the rear bumper due to a small accident and had to replace the taillight last weekend.

Watch YouTube videos for the step by step and make sure you have the proper tools. You need a 8mm socket for the nuts and a flat head for the bumper clips located on each side. The hardest nut is the one that is pointing upwards inside the rear fender. It's doable with an extension socket wrench without removing the wheels or jacking up the car. Once you get all the hardware off, start pulling off the bumper on one end. Once you get near the taillights, it's very tight so you have to use a bit of force. It'll sound bad but trust it will come off slowly!

OP
OP
Supurah

Supurah

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I had to remove the rear bumper due to a small accident and had to replace the taillight last weekend.

Watch YouTube videos for the step by step and make sure you have the proper tools. You need a 8mm socket for the nuts and a flat head for the bumper clips located on each side. The hardest nut is the one that is pointing upwards inside the rear fender. It's doable with an extension socket wrench without removing the wheels or jacking up the car. Once you get all the hardware off, start pulling off the bumper on one end. Once you get near the taillights, it's very tight so you have to use a bit of force. It'll sound bad but trust it will come off slowly!

thank you!

Joebednar4

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
There's a couple video's on YouTube that walk you through it completely! Saved my butt.
Sponsored