Back up camera

adhrutledge

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Can anyone help me interpret the back up camera. I dont understand the curved red lines. Im used to a straight red line on my highlander that i can tell how far from an object. And the supra puts itself in park when i try to open the door to look back… thanks in advance.

9D621EDA-4286-4BAA-A29C-45C709FADF46.jpeg
Sponsored

rotary heart

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91 Edition, 2004 IS 300
Can anyone help me interpret the back up camera. I dont understand the curved red lines. Im used to a straight red line on my highlander that i can tell how far from an object. And the supra puts itself in park when i try to open the door to look back… thanks in advance.

9D621EDA-4286-4BAA-A29C-45C709FADF46.jpeg
Interesting that yours looks different to mine. Maybe all 2.0 look like this? But to answer your question, the red lines are the max curve lines. You should have an option to increase the camera angle (so it looks more to the floor) and helps you get closer.

2023_Supra_MT_3.0_MatteWhite_001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zrk

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Your backup camera is full screen so I'm assuming no park censors?

OP
OP

adhrutledge

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Yeah, Sorry for the confusion. I just pulled this off the internet, but is what my camera set up is like on the 2.0. I dont have parking sensors. But based on the excerpt from the manual, it looks like the horizontal green line where the red lines intersect is what to use to gauge distance for objects behind. Does that sound right?

monkahead

First Name
Artur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV MY23 B48B20 (30i)
Your backup camera is full screen so I'm assuming no park censors?
I know image in the 1st post doesn't come from Supra but I have version without parking sensors and rear view camera is not full screen. There's still blank dark space left on the left side of the rear view camera, it's a total waste of space, while it could have been used for a full screen view of the camera. Is there any way to code a rear view camera in full screen mode?

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
Interesting that yours looks different to mine. Maybe all 2.0 look like this? But to answer your question, the red lines are the max curve lines. You should have an option to increase the camera angle (so it looks more to the floor) and helps you get closer.

2023_Supra_MT_3.0_MatteWhite_001.jpg
There is a zoom feature? I know my bronco has that but I haven't found one on the supra. I only have brightness and contrast along with camera on/off cross traffic and park sensor. Where is the zoom?
Sponsored