Best Audio Equalizer settings?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
It's actually quite easy and not at all complicated if you have the patience to read through the instructions in which I went into great detail to do to make it easy for others to follow...
Thanks, I didn't mean to disrespect your instructions, I just did not understand it too well as I start to zone out when I see too many literature and diagrams.. I graduated from "Average Joe At Best" major decades ago so..
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
There's this narrow panel on the back of the sub-box that you can remove and punch some speaker ports into that allows the air to escape from the box when the subs are firing, as well as sticking some foam inside the box. It helps a lot with the muddiness and clipping at higher volumes.

There's a bunch of other stuff in there that further reduces rattles and other unwanted noise, but the ports and foam will probably have the biggest effect on the sound quality coming from the subs. Try taking the panel off (it's held in with only one retainer clip) and see if you notice a difference at all.

Also, code out the fake engine noise with Bimmercode if you haven't already. Apparently that also makes a huge difference.
Thanks! I have a 2" drill saw bit so I guess I'll start punching some holes in there after getting port finishers.

I have coded out the faux engine noise as it was vibrating my rear view mirror.. lol

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I didn't mean to disrespect your instructions, I just did not understand it too well as I start to zone out when I see too many literature and diagrams.. I graduated from "Average Joe At Best" major decades ago so..
Hey...no worries! As a Retired Engineer I do tend to be very detail oriented....but seriously it's a very easy and inexpensive project that many have done with no issues...

Just simply remove the narrow back panel to hear the difference...The improvement in sound is pretty profound...

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I have not.. I looked at it and saw a very complicated novel of instruction and thought perhaps I don't understand what he actually did.. Is there like a For Dummy's version?
Just wing it. Get your 2 inch hole saw and drill 2 holes in the approximate area of the sheet metal slots. Zip tie the 2 inch ports. Then stuff some Poly Fill in the sheet metal slots. And finally cut a few squares of acoustic foam to sandwich between the back cover and the sheet metal.

Thats how I did mine and it sounds better for sure. But if you’re like me I’m always turning the radio down so i can hear the turbo and exhaust on down shifts. ?

-RJM

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
I usually like some boost at both ends of the spectrum. U-shaped as said above. No idea what mine is set for right now because I haven't figured out how to adjust it yet LOL

Sounds darn good though.

Just wish it had a CD player dangitt!!!! Stupid MFRs these days.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
I had bought all the materials for that fix Tadda posted but I've been way too lazy.
Sponsored