Best upgraded tires on stock rims?

jprescot1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I am looking into r888 285/35/19 for my supra with the stock wheels. Do they fit the stock rims?
Sponsored

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
there aren't exact size of R888R for Supra. you may have to up the size or down the size a bit. however, what is your goal to achieve by replacing tires? track driving? street driving? all weather? drag? the term "Best" is relative and vague if you don't have goal.

for example, R888R might be the best trackday tire to drive to track and back but it's terrible as drag tire and makes a lot of whining noise. you may find other tire such as pirrelli P zero for street tires as best but would be terrible on all weather and drag.

Reactions: zrk

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I don't know if 285/35/19 fits up front. Otherwise, second what nibble said. Depends on how you really use the car and what you're shooting for.

OP
OP

jprescot1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
there aren't exact size of R888R for Supra. you may have to up the size or down the size a bit. however, what is your goal to achieve by replacing tires? track driving? street driving? all weather? drag? the term "Best" is relative and vague if you don't have goal.

for example, R888R might be the best trackday tire to drive to track and back but it's terrible as drag tire and makes a lot of whining noise. you may find other tire such as pirrelli P zero for street tires as best but would be terrible on all weather and drag.
I need something that can stick to a 600whp car. A lot of fast guys use 285s for some reason.