Not open for further replies.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
When we hear about folks selling their cars on Craigslist, we generally don’t recommend it because so much can go wrong, plus if you don’t know what you’re doing, it can be a very frustrating process. However, we know plenty of people have had perfectly fine experiences. We wanna hear about your best or worst experiences selling on Craigslist. If you want to hear from us first, you can also check out our blog for some helpful steps and tips for selling on Craigslist, and this short video about one of our memorable experiences. Looking forward to reading everyone's stories!

Blog: https://www.carmigo.io/2023/05/30/sell-my-car-on-craigslist-safely/
Video:
Sponsored

Seahaven

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra and 1997 Mazda Miata
Best experience, buying a 1997 Miata with 51,000 original miles for $3500 From the original owners. A friendly retired couple who kept it in the garage and only drove it on occasion to their beach house in Northern California. Once in a lifetime bargain. Four years later and it’s at 53,400 miles.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Best experience, I bought an $11k Santa Cruz mountain bike for $7k, rode it for a season then sold it for $8,500…
IMG_2232.jpeg

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I sold an electric weed wacker on there, guy bought it for 15 bucks, used it and drove back to my house and said it broke and he wanted his money back.

I gave him the 15 bucks back and told him to keep it.

Never again did I sell anything there.

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
My better half and we’re AF 1st Shirts. One of her troops family members were murdered by a person posting a car for sale on Craig’s list. Left behind five kids. It was terrible to say the least. We did everything we could to support them with all resources the military has for its service members.

https://people.com/crime/married-colo-couple-killed-after-responding-car-ad/

On the upside we got Lincoln Log Dog. They took a humanitarian assignment to move closer to family in order to help raise the kids. But couldn’t take Lincoln.

Don’t mean to be a Debbie downer. Just a no shit reminder to be careful.

image.jpg

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Craigslist is how I met @zrk In the MfM section. It's been the best/worst experience.
Y’all are laughing, but you haven’t seen the seedy motel we stayed at a couple weeks back.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
Best experience, buying a 1997 Miata with 51,000 original miles for $3500 From the original owners. A friendly retired couple who kept it in the garage and only drove it on occasion to their beach house in Northern California. Once in a lifetime bargain. Four years later and it’s at 53,400 miles.
Amazing deal!! Sounds like that Miatas gonna have a long life

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
I sold an electric weed wacker on there, guy bought it for 15 bucks, used it and drove back to my house and said it broke and he wanted his money back.

I gave him the 15 bucks back and told him to keep it.

Never again did I sell anything there.
Selling on there is a pain lol. I got my first pup from there and it was a breeze, but then I tried to sell a phone and got scammed :(

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
My better half and we’re AF 1st Shirts. One of her troops family members were murdered by a person posting a car for sale on Craig’s list. Left behind five kids. It was terrible to say the least. We did everything we could to support them with all resources the military has for its service members.

https://people.com/crime/married-colo-couple-killed-after-responding-car-ad/

On the upside we got Lincoln Log Dog. They took a humanitarian assignment to move closer to family in order to help raise the kids. But couldn’t take Lincoln.

Don’t mean to be a Debbie downer. Just a no shit reminder to be careful.

image.jpg
Oh my... Our deepest condolences to them, that's a true nightmare. Lincoln is some good to come from Craigslists, but still, it's so important to be careful on there.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.