Beware of Scammer on IG

Chris_a90

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 premium
well Goodmorning fellas , just stopping by and leaving this here his IG is automotivesparts_store. Had a feeling it was sketchy when he asked for a second payment (which I didn’t make). But oh well we win some and lose some :/ steer clear from this seller

051C8164-BA6E-46D8-A806-0BB0F6F09E88.jpeg

6DD9CCED-D6ED-4DB2-BFA1-A7A66B25271F.png

DE6EF223-3A1B-475F-A116-A40DA0F75EAD.png

25C95978-F6C9-4FA6-81F3-C7B7715AA827.png

D91A84F3-B7F3-4574-9523-EBB73B6202BA.png

89D6A2BC-7580-4F92-B25C-2B4738736C0E.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chris_a90

Chris_a90

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For the love of Odin, please stop doing business with "vendors" that only ask for Zelle. Not to mention the 15 other red flags going on there.
That’s why I posted, learn from my mistakes lol. Dude has 4K+ followers with a a bunch of parts up for sale so I figured legit 🤷🏽‍♂️

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
ya common scam accounts, they get a lot of people.

OP
OP
Chris_a90

Chris_a90

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Blanket statement: Just stop buying shit on fucking social media.
I’ve actually had a lot of luck buying from social media, today was just the day I got finessed. It happens or whatever

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
That’s why I posted, learn from my mistakes lol. Dude has 4K+ followers with a a bunch of parts up for sale so I figured legit 🤷🏽‍♂️
There's SO many scammers on IG. There's a lot of red flags I've noticed:
  1. Thousands of followers, but posts have very few likes
  2. Account is fairly new, yet "weirdly" has a lot of followers.
  3. A bunch of posts with a span of a few hours showing used Supra parts (For fucks sake, not even this forum lists parts on sale as much as those scammers)
  4. Generic name (Supra_Parts_23, Automotive_Store, etc)
  5. Won't take anything other than Zelle
  6. Descriptions in their IG looks like it was either written by someone who used google translate, or asked Chat GPT to write something for them
  7. Weirdly cheap parts

dreadforge

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nitro MT
There's SO many scammers on IG. There's a lot of red flags I've noticed:
  1. Thousands of followers, but posts have very few likes
  2. Account is fairly new, yet "weirdly" has a lot of followers.
  3. A bunch of posts with a span of a few hours showing used Supra parts (For fucks sake, not even this forum lists parts on sale as much as those scammers)
  4. Generic name (Supra_Parts_23, Automotive_Store, etc)
  5. Won't take anything other than Zelle
  6. Descriptions in their IG looks like it was either written by someone who used google translate, or asked Chat GPT to write something for them
  7. Weirdly cheap parts
I would just avoid any potential headaches/problems all together and go through an actual retailer. Buying stuff like this off social media is essentially like buying that speaker set out of a white van in a parking lot for an "unbelievable deal" 20 years ago. Literally the same thing, except you don't even get the shitty speakers now lol.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Just buy from proper authorized vendors. Even if you think you're saving some bucks on the socials.. it just ain't worth it.

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I would just avoid any potential headaches/problems all together and go through an actual retailer. Buying stuff like this off social media is essentially like buying that speaker set out of a white van in a parking lot for an "unbelievable deal" 20 years ago. Literally the same thing, except you don't even get the shitty speakers now lol.
Dude I still can't believe they're pulling that scam. I was washing my car one day and these two 20 year old looking guys approached me trying to "sell" their last stock of speakers because "their company was closing". I honestly laughed and just told them to gtfo, but I'm surprised they're still doing that and that people still fall for it

dreadforge

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nitro MT
Dude I still can't believe they're pulling that scam. I was washing my car one day and these two 20 year old looking guys approached me trying to "sell" their last stock of speakers because "their company was closing". I honestly laughed and just told them to gtfo, but I'm surprised they're still doing that and that people still fall for it
I'm not surprised to see that you're telling me this from Florida, it's where I encountered it the most. Had 2 different cars stolen 3 times in FL lol