Buyers beware suprared is a scammer

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
It's official, this little prick got me for $500. Anyone who might have any info DM me. Admins DM me. Going to get info from Venmo. All info will be turned over to some police detective friends of mine. More info the better.
~ that’s sad.
Sponsored

TheIronLotus

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Supra 3.0
It's official, this little prick got me for $500. Anyone who might have any info DM me. Admins DM me. Going to get info from Venmo. All info will be turned over to some police detective friends of mine. More info the better.
Damn! Sorry to hear that man. I can’t understand how someone can go to sleep at night knowing that they took advantage of someone. Scum of the earth really!

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
He didn't. I should have known better. Too trusting.
I just bought a $1300 downpipe off a forum member a week ago and paid with Venmo too. It wasn’t a scam, everything worked out great, but after seeing your story I definitely won’t be doing that again.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I just bought a $1300 downpipe off a forum member a week ago and paid with Venmo too. It wasn’t a scam, everything worked out great, but after seeing your story I definitely won’t be doing that again.
Venmo is a PayPal company, and has just, like with in the last week, added a buyer guarantee thing with the same upcharge as PayPal does. That's safe.

Note: I am a former Venmo Employee.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
damn sorry to hear that. I want to say he had a couple other ads, so Im guessing he might have swindled a couple others in the group.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
If s/he is a good scammer probably will change accounts but what's the Venmo email/account we should watch out for as SupraRed is specific...

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Sorry to hear this. Best of luck to you getting this resolved :(

OP
OP
cvondra

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW X6 M50i
I hope it’s a misunderstanding and he makes it right.

OP, can you enlighten us on what exactly happened?
Very simple. He advertised 3-4 different items on the forum. He marked them sold after a couple inquiries. He posted trd cf mirror covers for 500. Sent pics to me upon request. Told him I would take them He requested using Venmo. I paid. He gave me a bogus FedEx number. After a couple dm exchanges he stopped responding. Scum.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Very simple. He advertised 3-4 different items on the forum. He marked them sold after a couple inquiries. He posted trd cf mirror covers for 500. Sent pics to me upon request. Told him I would take them He requested using Venmo. I paid. He gave me a bogus FedEx number. After a couple dm exchanges he stopped responding. Scum.
Just damn ?

TheRock

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Interesting, I tried to tell him that I would take them, he posted up that they were still available after I said I wanted them. He wouldn’t reply to my posts in the forum or my DMs. I was irritated over it, but now it looks like I dodged a bullet. I hope it works out one way or another for you @cvondra.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
PayPal, goods and services, every time.

Sorry this happened, but hopefully everyone reading this can learn lesson from it. Someone tried to scam me out of $1,500 the same way for mavic pro2 drone and ended up having to refund me through goods and services. ???

nowvolt

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5 supra
I was an software engineering lead at Venmo. We say, in our terms of service, and a few other places. "Only send money to FRIENDS." There is literally no recourse.
Will mcclurg from a90 shop asked me to pay him through Venmo? So I shouldn’t do it?
Sponsored